PDA

View Full Version : Petition on Vista pricing in the UK

ptr.exe
March 10th, 2007, 01:36
http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/VistaOvercharge/

There is a huge difference in the price that people in the US and the UK are paying for Windows Vista the new Microsoft Operating System. As an example of this, in the UK a full copy of Vista Ultimate would cost you £350, in the US it would cost you £195. The US version of Vista is exactly the same as the UK version. There is no difference. Therefore I can see no reason for there to be such a huge difference in prices between the UK and the US other than Microsoft's belief that the UK customers will pay more than their US counterparts. I ask people to sign this petition in the hope that the Prime Minister will bring pressure to bear on Microsoft over their pricing as it is my belief they are simply overcharging the people of the UK and therefore are ripping us off.

Please only sign if your in the UK. Fake addresses will only make this fail.

VampDude
March 10th, 2007, 03:28
That is one of the reasons that so many people Download and Buy cheaper and illegal copies of Vista...

...I get quite often get emails asking me if I want to buy Vista for £20, which is £330 less than what a geniune version costs

Cap'n 1time
March 10th, 2007, 03:31
That is one of the reasons that so many people Download and Buy cheaper and illegal copies of Vista...

...I get quite often get emails asking me if I want to buy Vista for £20, which is £330 less than what a geniune version costs

Those are most likely bad news. I wont buy vista for a long time (if i ever do at all).

VampDude
March 10th, 2007, 03:39
Those are most likely bad news. I wont buy vista for a long time (if i ever do at all).

I'm hoping that my next PC will have Vista, I'm overdue a new PC anyway - I will probably wait until Vista is included thou (as my PC still has life)

kcajblue
March 10th, 2007, 03:48
i would sign. but im not in the UK.

Napalm-Death
March 10th, 2007, 03:49
Vista is already included in newer computers/laptops. My parents bought a new pc (this one) last month, and Vista was on it.

JKKDARK
March 10th, 2007, 03:52
Online petitions are useless

kcajblue
March 10th, 2007, 04:08
not completly

VampDude
March 10th, 2007, 04:37
not completly

mostly

S34MU5
March 10th, 2007, 09:41
yeh they are, I signed anyway.

Even thought I can get a free vista upgrade :p

gdf
March 10th, 2007, 12:02
the more people sign for the hell of it the more likely it will succeed as the pricing difference fundamentally sucks, not just for vista but for most other hardware and software. actually pretty much anything, even clothes are much cheaper in usa.

IamAbe
March 15th, 2007, 01:31
the more people sign for the hell of it the more likely it will succeed as the pricing difference fundamentally sucks, not just for vista but for most other hardware and software. actually pretty much anything, even clothes are much cheaper in usa.

its true prices are higher in the uk than usa, but jobs also pay more. likewise, in israel everything is much cheaper than in the usa, but $30k/yr is a decent salary.