PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo to let Wii gamers compare their Miis

gunntims0103
March 10th, 2007, 17:18
news via techwhack (http://games.techwhack.com/822/wii-miis/)

Nintendo to let Wii gamers compare their Miis

Japanese videogame console maker Nintendo has said that they are currently working on developing a new channel for their Wii gaming console.

This new channel would allow Wii gamers to compare their Miis. Mii is a virtual character Wii gamers can create on their consoles. These characters can be used to play games with other gamers on the network.

Nintendo game creator Shigero Miyamoto said in a statement that they expect to launch this new channel soon and it would enable gamers not only to share their custom avatars, but to vote on them in popularity contests.

Nintendo also confirmed that the first of their Mario games for the Wii gaming console would be released later this year. The game has been titled “Super Mario Galaxy”.

feedback via comment

mastersho
March 10th, 2007, 19:09
Hopefully this means an update to the Mii channel. How hair styles and eyes and stuff can make making cooler Miis easier!

alienanthropologist
March 10th, 2007, 19:58
Yes I agree, I'd be so happy if the Mii channel got an upgrade with more options. And I certainly like the idea of the new Mii channel where I can see other Miis and stuff.

I think all the best stuff for the Wii is yet to come... (rubbing hands)

mastersho
March 10th, 2007, 20:48
Well Said!

gunntims0103
March 10th, 2007, 21:09
I really wish that the Nintendo would come up with a "Mii world channel". It would be similar to the PS3 home that will be out on PS3 soon. It would be a place were you take your Mii to a virtual world via wifi and meet up with other peoples Mii's online in real time. You could talk to other mii's, play mini games with others, hang around a virtual Mii home that you create. Grant it now it would just be a rip of PS3 home, but it would make a fine addition nonetheless.

mastersho
March 10th, 2007, 21:35
Hopefully EA's Wii Sims is like that. That would been cool but Mii wouldn't bee used.(yeah that's a downside)

voltorben
March 10th, 2007, 21:44
If they aint making it like gunntimes0103 is suggesting, then i'd rather see nintendo using their time on something else. The mii-thing is pretty useless as it is right now..

mastersho
March 11th, 2007, 02:33
Useless...that a bit true, but nonetheless making Miis is pretty fun.