PDA

View Full Version : A WakeonLan program for PSP?

Mr.Hamsterman
March 11th, 2007, 10:54
Hi!

I searched a lot in the internet to find a WakeonLan program for psp and I think it had not been released one. So my question was if anyone could do such a program? It would be so great(I don't know if it is easy or not).

Thx for your replies.

Mr.Hamsterman

EvilSeph
March 12th, 2007, 00:19
Looking at it from a technical perspective, I am pretty confident this is not possible.

When the PSP is put into standby mode, we have no control over it (I believe. I have not investigated this).

Cloudhunter
March 12th, 2007, 00:37
Well, something to wake your PSP wouldn't be useful, OR possible as the PSP's WLAN isn't on when it is in standby... however, a program to wake a PC from your PSP would be useful, and indeed possible.

Cloudy

EvilDooinz
March 12th, 2007, 16:37
probably not hard to make clouds idea just have to send 1 packet to the pcs lan card from the psp via router -> ethernet config

Mr.Hamsterman
March 12th, 2007, 20:27
HI!

Yes of course a program that could wake up the psp would be funny. Sorry that I expressed me wrong a bit. I was looking for a homebrew program for the psp to wake up the pc. I saw those for windows mobile or similar.

So if anyone could make one easily, it would be very great and very useful for me..

Thanks in advance Hamsterman

EvilDooinz
March 13th, 2007, 02:37
need some help testing this app I havent been able to use wake on lan on my pc but I made an app that should do the trick check it out and let me know thanks

Mr.Hamsterman
March 13th, 2007, 09:52
Wow that worked like a charm. Thank you very much for your work.:thumbup:

if you need some other things to test with this prog let me know.

Greetz Mr.Hamsterman

hodgy47
March 16th, 2007, 23:29
Great work fella it works like a dream and a great idea too.