PDA

View Full Version : RoboDS

wraggster
March 11th, 2007, 14:22
News from Natrium 42:

You can now control my prototype RoboDS bot located in my basement in Kitchener, Ontario, Canada. Please go to natrium42.com/robot. Yes, the robot does have a laser

The setup consists of open RoboDS prototype and DSerial2, 3 cameras, an old computer acting as a camera server and my webhost. One camera is a Canon PowerShot A70 and provides periodic photos uploaded via FTP. Second camera is Logitech webcam, it provides top view video stream to the driver. Third camera is a wireless spy camera attached to the bot itself. It provides first-person view to the driver. The web interface uses AJAX with a PHP back-end to control the bot as well as to control the queue of people. Main concerns were the number of people and security. I cannot host all the people from my home connection, so I can only provide live video stream to the driver. Other people in the queue can see the digicam photos periodically uploaded via FTP. Security was needed so that it wouldn’t be possible to cut in line or view the live video stream or control the bot despite not being in the driver position."

This has got a video too that eventually sings "rock, robot rock"!

http://natrium42.com/blog/

crookedmouth
March 11th, 2007, 23:55
What a cool idea, How long before we have remote Robot Wars, obviously something non-destructive like sumo robots.first one tobe pushed out of circle loses.

rigor
March 12th, 2007, 01:10
This is a cool idea, do you know if there is other site where you can do similar stuff (controling robot) ?