PDA

View Full Version : 100% Indie introduces I, Gladiator to Android

wraggster
May 28th, 2013, 22:46
Independent developer programme brings ‘hack ‘n’ slash game to Samsung Apps store.
Developed by Belarusian-based Steel Monkeys, ‘sword and sandals hack ‘n’ slash’ game I, Gladiator is set be release globally and exclusively on Samsung Apps, courtesy of the 100% Indie developer programme.
The 100% Indie project represents the culmination of a new partnership between Chillingo – the world’s most successful independent games publisher – and Samsung.
Spearheaded by Chillingo founders Chris Byatte and Joe Wee, the programme is aimed at fuelling the mobile games developer community.
Denis Rybalko, PR manager at Steel Monkeys, commented: “Releasing I, Gladiator for Samsung Apps via the 100% Indie program was a great experience for our team. We were lucky to be supported by very responsive people. You don’t feel like the 100% Indie collective HAVE to help you; it feels like they really LIKE to help you; WANT to help you; and will DO THEIR BEST to help you! Sounds incredible but our game was supported and promoted for, well, no additional investment. So we sincerely recommend the 100% Indie program as a unique service. With its help you can release your games nice and easily.”
Chris Byatte, Chillingo founder, also said: “When we launched the initiative in March we hoped we’d receive a lot of interest from indie developers globally and we’re delighted that so many of them have already joined the 100% Indie community. I, Gladiator is a great example of the quality of games that are coming through the programme.”
Joe Wee, Chillingo founder, continued: “Steel Monkeys is just one of many developers who are now earning the best revenue shares in mobile gaming and will continue to do so until March 2015. We’re really proud of 100% Indie and hope more developers come and join us.”
http://www.mobile-ent.biz/news/read/100-indie-introduces-i-gladiator-to-android/021456