PDA

View Full Version : PS3 TIFF Exploit ?- Details Below

wraggster
March 11th, 2007, 17:12
PDX the Hacking group have posted some very interesting info on an unreleased Tiff Exploit for PS3

Hmzzz i think we have news to give do we? Ever wondered why the PS3 is such a better machine than a xbox360? simply because they
implement too much stuff in one time! "SCEI" dont do that, you need to learn a bit more from Microsoft on this part even when they have forgotten a hypervision hack on kernel 4532 and 4548 they fixed it very fast! And what do we see on the PS3? Up until firmware 1.51 we still see holes! Why? You guys dont have the right persons to work with or is it just the pressure from the big boss? So for now dont update higher than 1.51 since 1.54 hasnt yet been tested, and 1.51 had a few tiny things fixed, but it didnt stop us much :-D Ohhh btw ever wondered if those updates are required on a disc? Actually all games up to now work without any update At least work fine on 1.32 :-) Thats all for now! So seeya tiff tiff and bye bye.

SPREAD THIS NEWS

http://digg.com/gaming_news/PS3_TIFF_Exploit

Lets hope a release is soon, real homebrew on the PS3 may be a short step away. :)

Anonymous D
March 11th, 2007, 18:04
sony never learn do they? i might actually buy one now though, i was ering on the 360 side but a good hacking/homebrew scene wud encourage me to buy

F9zDark
March 11th, 2007, 18:20
Do they really expect us to believe that? Come on now.

"Up until firmware 1.51 we still see holes!" If that was really the case where is the PS3 homebrew scene? Come on now...

Show us some proof!

belialone
March 11th, 2007, 18:28
there is no doubt that the people working at opening up the ps3 for homebrew are trying their best
you cant expect it tomorrow or this week but there is a good chance that homebrew could hit ps3 this year

if so im the first one in the store

and to all the people who cant wait

try hacking the ps3 by yourself maybe youre faster;)

F9zDark
March 11th, 2007, 18:33
there is no doubt that the people working at opening up the ps3 for homebrew are trying their best
you cant expect it tomorrow or this week but there is a good chance that homebrew could hit ps3 this year

if so im the first one in the store

and to all the people who cant wait

try hacking the ps3 by yourself maybe youre faster;)

Its not so much the fact that they are working slow that bothers me. And maybe the PSP scene has influenced my opinion (mainly the fact that the PSP was out maybe 1-2 months in the US and got homebrew on it).

They claim that every firmware has holes, yet what do they have to show us for it? No Hello World program, no nothing. I hope and pray that something will come out of this, but I am not getting my hopes up, because the internet is notorious for trolls who want to get a good laugh at the expense of others.

SSaxdude
March 11th, 2007, 18:48
There was a PS3 iso loader made but not released, so there could be a TIFF exploit. Also, the PSP had a couple of TIFF exploits, so one for the PS3 doesn't seem impossible.

belialone
March 11th, 2007, 18:49
hmm you want a proof of concept
but there is one thing you might consider
if they would release a hello world program
sony would be up their asses real soon
it is one thing to break into a handheld system
cuz there are not many people using it compared
to a home entertaining system like ps3 or xbox

a psp costs 200€
ps3 is at 600€

see the difference

80% of my friends use home entertaining systems
not even 10% use handhelds

i expect that if homebrew is going to be released it would work like a charm and has been tested

mavsman4457
March 11th, 2007, 19:11
hmm you want a proof of concept
but there is one thing you might consider
if they would release a hello world program
sony would be up their asses real soon
it is one thing to break into a handheld system
cuz there are not many people using it compared
to a home entertaining system like ps3 or xbox

a psp costs 200€
ps3 is at 600€

see the difference

80% of my friends use home entertaining systems
not even 10% use handhelds

i expect that if homebrew is going to be released it would work like a charm and has been tested

You can't sue someone for finding an exploit in your system. Also, according to your logic, why would they EVER release the ISO loader of the exploit since Sony would be all up on them if they did even though they stated that they would release it when the European launch takes place. Your logic doesn't make sense.

F9zDark
March 11th, 2007, 19:44
Euro launch will determine if the ISO loader is real or not, since that is its stated release date. And Sony is more than willing to adopt homebrew on the PS3 via Linux. Sony cares more for homebrew on their PSP because its their FIRST venture into the handheld realm.

If anyone recalls the PS2 linux kit which was mainly for homebrew, was made by Sony and released by Sony. Putting Linux on the PS3 is also indicative that Sony wants homebrew to be available to PS3 users.

XMB homebrew is what I really care for though and as I said, I hope these guys aren't jerking us around.

DPyro
March 11th, 2007, 20:02
Paradox is a reliable group ;)

March 11th, 2007, 20:07
Paradox is a reliable group ;)

Exactly. They'll definitely have one, from what I've read they're saving it until the Euro launch.

Anonymous D
March 11th, 2007, 22:55
i asume that way sony dont patch the exploit until the majority of people who are gonna buy a ps3 have, instead of releasing a hello world early on and it bieng patched quickly.

Shrygue
March 11th, 2007, 23:48
PS3 tiff exploit? Well, I hope the PS3 system to be released in two weeks from now in Europe don't have version 1.54 or higher then (although the chances of that are likey to have that)....

Cloudhunter
March 12th, 2007, 00:31
But, like they've said...

1.54 or above hasn't been tested YET, not that it won't work ;)

Cloudy

jeegee
March 12th, 2007, 00:44
Well We'll see in 10 days ... i'll have mine by then :)

Shrygue
March 12th, 2007, 00:50
Oh yes, same here...

TuRDMaN
March 12th, 2007, 06:31
And if the euro PS3s have newer firmware than what is available now, we'll probably have to wait until the ISO loader is tested/working on that before anything is released :(

yoshinatsu
March 12th, 2007, 18:15
Sony doesn't know the possible things the ISO loader will do. They're unprotectable. That's why PARADOX did not release the loader in the US launch or before the EU launch. To save Europeans. And very well they did. They also DISABLED Sony from knowing what kind of things the loader does.
Paradox KNOWS homebrew and hacking. They know how the scene is, and that's why I consider their move right.

mavsman4457
March 12th, 2007, 22:44
Just for clarification, is Paradox just an ISO Loader group or do they work on other homebrew as well? For instance, once this ISO loader is out with the exploit, will they code any emulators for the PS3 or do any homebrew games?

F9zDark
March 13th, 2007, 02:59
I think Paradox is working on this exploit as well. I believe PDX is their 'shorthand' name. It wouldn't be a bad idea either, if they can bring ISO loading (which I despise) why can't they deliver homebrew or exploits?

idone
March 14th, 2007, 03:31