PDA

View Full Version : New Xbox 360 Details

wraggster
April 29th, 2005, 20:33
It's barely two weeks until Microsoft finally unveils the Xbox 360 to the world and yet we're still discovering scraps of info to sink our teeth into.
It doesn't help when Xbox Live's director of programming Larry Hryb, also known as Major Nelson, chucks out little teasers like this. Apparently he's just been privy to the 360's start-up screens and it's looking pretty sweet.

Writing in his weblog, Hryb said, "A lot of what I see and do during the day I can't talk about, but I am going to break that theme for just a moment. Today, I became one of the very first people to see the opening animation for the next generation console. That's the animation that you see when you turn the unit on. I can't say much more then that...but I will say this: it's really cool and goes by very quick... So quick that I asked to see it again."

Despite the pleading cries from Hryb's forumites the man would not be budged for more information. It has already been suggested that the start-up animation could resemble the end of the MTV commercial trailing May 12's unveiling. You can see it here.
It's a pretty weird state of affairs when the boot-up animation of a console gets us all excited, but such is our desire for the latest Xbox 360 details we can't help it.