PDA

View Full Version : New Wii Zelda to focus on motion control

wraggster
March 12th, 2007, 18:07
Talking about the future of Link and the epic Zelda series, Nintendo director Eiji Aonuma has expressed his wish to put more motion-controlled mechanics in the next Zelda game.

"I knew that the Wii was capable of many more controls than we added to the Wii version of Twilight Princess," admitted Aonuma in an interview with GameInformer.

He continued: "I was kind of afraid of adding too many [motion controls], because I didn't want to confuse the end user or make the game intimidating. Moving forward, though, that was a launch title so we had to keep it kind of "at the basics," but moving forward I can definitely see us incorporating more controls into the game."

Aonuma also declared that he would be prepared to bring back Princess of the Twilight, Midna, if that's what the fans wanted: "Because of the way Twilight Princess ended, I don't see her making a reappearance, but who knows. If we hear enough voices for her to come back, how can we not."

The cartoon-style Link from Wind Waker is set to live on in Phantom Hourglass on DS, and Aonuma had a bit to say about that too: "Because this game is on a handheld, the approach has been a little different than with the Wii or the GameCube.

"In this Zelda, there are several islands, and each one has its own story. It's pretty full because of this, and we'll explain more how this works closer to release. There are some dungeons that you'll have to play more than once. It's a very full, fleshed-out game."

He also confirmed that the one-on-one multplayer mode would be playable online. Check back on CVG later today for a full multiplayer hands-on preview from GDC.

For the record, we'll be all over Phantom Hourglass when it's released later this year.

via cvg (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=159774)

paul1991
March 13th, 2007, 12:33
Lets hope it will not be anything close to Twilight Princess. I don't like anything near hardcore. I hope it is more like Phantom Hourglass.

justinswood
March 13th, 2007, 14:32
Being a Zelda fan I'm very impressed with Twilight Princess, but, the motion controls do feel a bit tacked on.

I definately welcome more use of the wiimote as it should give a much more immersive experience

p.s. def. not go back to the cartoon vibe of windwaker for me