PDA

View Full Version : Map This Trouble

jpc2
March 12th, 2007, 22:30
Hi. I have searched and searched and searched for an answer to my question. I have found it asked numorous times in other threads but no answers. I am Currently using Map This! .48 with a PSP290. I have 3.10OE-A' and the 3.10prx's. When i use the green proggy with those prx i get around 10 sats with about 3-6 fixes in about 3 minutes. When i use map this, If the maps even load and don't crasht eh psp, it never picks up a signal. What i would do is run the green proggy, then once if was fixed i would set it down on a surface as to not move it. If it retains the fix i would then run mapthis without moving the unit. still no fix or signal. I have tried playing with all the IL values but no results. does any one know anyting i can do or should i downgrade to another firmware. I am fairly computer literate so feel free to pm me with any ideas or suggestions.

Codaz
March 13th, 2007, 00:32
Nope, common bugs need to be fixed by Deniska.
For now, try to use 0.47 version of Mapthis (also used by me) 0.48 caused trouble.

Or try other prx files (the ones that came with Green proggie are both from 2.71 firmware).

jpc2
March 13th, 2007, 01:25
yeah i upgraded to 3.10 so i could use the 3.10prx cause the 2.71 and 3.03 seem to not be that good either. maybe my expectations are too high for the GPS but then again i cant believe that it just would not work like that. when i have gotten it to work and when it did it was amazing.

calvinwch
March 30th, 2007, 14:11
It take me so many hours to figur out setup everything, the FAQ for MAPThis kind need little more detail. But it is good to get a head up from the FAQ.

Anyway I have 3.10FW with MapThis v4.97 and Sony GPS with Prx 2.71 & 3.03(download)

I have no problem loading map and turn on, only it almost take 15minuts to LOCK on. without a lock, my map can't do nothing :p

Is this usual how long take your guys to get GPS lock?

or it is just the bug?

calvinwch
March 30th, 2007, 14:12
BTW i'm in USA NewYork

jpc2
March 30th, 2007, 14:35
the psp290 never work well for me. i live just out side detroit and i was lucky to even get a fix. i would let it sit out side and under teh optimal conditions it would still take mine about 5-10 minutes. I am telling you the GPSlim236/240 is the way to go. Even though i was unfortunate to get a defective one. when it works it locks on in around 30 seconds and gets full signal even in downtown detroit.

calvinwch
March 30th, 2007, 15:09
the psp290 never work well for me. i live just out side detroit and i was lucky to even get a fix. i would let it sit out side and under teh optimal conditions it would still take mine about 5-10 minutes. I am telling you the GPSlim236/240 is the way to go. Even though i was unfortunate to get a defective one. when it works it locks on in around 30 seconds and gets full signal even in downtown detroit.

How you connect to the PSP? hotwired? or bluetooth(this work?)

calvinwch
March 30th, 2007, 20:09
for the sony GPS, i think it is the power problem that take long time to lock a signal. When it run on battery, usually take long time to lock one. While on power cable, it get one very quick.

GPSlim is using it's own power battery, so that give it strong power to send the signal out.

I just try it today with Sony GPS using psp battery with wide open field and day time. take me like 10-15 seconds to lock one.
I guess it also depend on the location too, when i got into city the signal only get into 1 bar with all the building blocking the sky.

jpc2
March 31st, 2007, 17:13
mine is just connected with the DIY cable.