PDA

View Full Version : Still A Rough Road Ahead for the PlayStation 3

wraggster
March 13th, 2007, 21:30
Despite the good news out of GDC last week, it still seems like Sony's new console has some image management to do. CNET says that the PlayStation 3 is 'the most unwanted console in recent memory' and asks 'why is the PS3 so undesirable?' They specifically question the company's wisdom in emphasizing the power of the console. Their impression is that this invites developers to neglect gameplay, in favour of investing in graphics. Likewise, Gamespot is running a piece suggesting ten ways to make the PS3 worth buying. A lower price is just one of the suggestions with exclusives, and the need for online standardization, following close behind. Looks like Sony still has its work cut out

via /. (http://games.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/03/13/2025226)

Tree
March 14th, 2007, 11:28
:o i think PS3 need to get GTA IV excuseive ... just for loads more sales but GTA IV anit gonna be excluive :(

geise69
March 14th, 2007, 11:44
What Sony needs to do is to stop all this new crap they are doing trying make the system a "media device" They need to just concentrate on showing software, and less time advertising the ps3 as something it shouldn't have been in the first place. They need to also lower the price of the dev kits and cost of making a game for the console. It doens't have the games because other companies that are a bit smaller than EA or Konami or Sega can't afford to take a risk in shoving out all this money to develop a game that might not sell well to begin with.

JKKDARK
March 14th, 2007, 11:49
:o i think PS3 need to get GTA IV excuseive ... just for loads more sales but GTA IV anit gonna be excluive :(

like guitar hero

Triv1um
March 14th, 2007, 16:29
What Sony needs to do is to stop all this new crap they are doing trying make the system a "media device"

That sums it ALL up for me.

There concentrating on that more than what the playstation was designed to do.

March 14th, 2007, 18:10
What Sony needs to do is to stop all this new crap they are doing trying make the system a "media device" They need to just concentrate on showing software.

Phil Harrison said himself that they're concentrating on software now :) (http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2007/03/10/gdc-07-phil-harrison-says-its-all-about-software-now/)