PDA

View Full Version : GTA crew teams up with Timbaland

wraggster
March 14th, 2007, 17:39
Rockstar has joined forces with rapper and music producer Timbaland to bring a version of its web-based music maker Beaterator to Sony's PSP.

Beaterator, which has been developed by Rockstar's Leeds studio, is more music package than game. In addition to containing original rhythm games and challenge modes, there's a "powerful music mixer" with "robust beat-making features" - along with a collection of original music produced by Timbaland.

Timbaland, who admits he's "always been a huge fan of Rockstar" and loves "playing their games", has said he's "thrilled to be partnering with them and making music for Beaterator. I cannot wait to get this in the hands of our fans!"

Sam Houser, founder and executive producer of Rockstar Games, added, "Music has always been a hugely important part of everything we do here".

"Two years ago, we launched a web-based version of Beaterator on our own website and people really embraced it. That inspired us to build and create something very interactive and unique. Having Timbaland involved in the game is a real honor and only adds to our excitement about the title."

Beaterator is due out on PSP this summer.

via cvg (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=159989)

Cokemusic
March 14th, 2007, 17:56
Beatmaker on the psp...meh sounds gimmicky.Why use PSP when you have a computer for it.

Basil Zero
March 14th, 2007, 18:42
It adds some value to the psp thats why it should come out on psp.

Cokemusic
March 14th, 2007, 20:25
Value ? Right...

Chameleon
March 15th, 2007, 05:48
beaterator...wow, i'm so exited I don't think i can contain my feelings of joy (or something like that)

Zion
March 15th, 2007, 14:01
that timbaland guy sure makes some money.

i bet his eyes have dollar signs in them :rofl:

Buddy4point0
March 15th, 2007, 16:17
that timbaland guy sure makes some money.

i bet his eyes have dollar signs in them :rofl:

lol