PDA

View Full Version : Bluetooth connection issue arises with Sixaxis

wraggster
March 14th, 2007, 17:41
Distressed forum goers have experienced frequent connection failure between their Sixaxis controllers and the PS3.

The fault, which seems to occur at random, results in a complete loss of control for around three seconds.

The numerous posters in two separate NEOGAF forum discussions (here and here) have noted that the error is unrelated to the battery charge level, with low battery power being the initial suspected cause.

Some suspect environmental interference could be causing the signal failure between the Bluetooth devices, while others suggest the PS3 and/or controllers may have weak or faulty transmitters.

Uncannily, during the writing of this very story we experienced the exact same fault while playing Resistance (busy day?). The pad was nearly fully charged and was less than two feet away from the PS3.

CVG contacted SCE UK, who said it was "unaware of any faults" regarding Sixaxis connection. "That's the first I've heard of it", we were told, with the spokesperson adding that maybe people could have dropepd it or damaged it somehow. "We've been playing the PS3 here since November and haven't experienced any problems."

Apparently there's no issue when the pad's connected via the USB port. Let us know below if you've experienced any similar issues?

via cvg (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=159995)

tsaikimon
March 14th, 2007, 19:30
Chalk one up for the confirmations list. I've probably experienced this 15-20 times in all the hours I've played my ps3 (100 or so) but when you're on the last ticket, racing for gold on motor storm and you finally have the jump on those insanely cheap as ******* AI cars it's pretty annoying to lose control and watch your 1/20 chance go down the crapper.

Hope they fix this.:mad:

Uchuu
March 14th, 2007, 19:51
Chalk one up for the confirmations list. I've probably experienced this 15-20 times in all the hours I've played my ps3 (100 or so) but when you're on the last ticket, racing for gold on motor storm and you finally have the jump on those insanely cheap as ******* AI cars it's pretty annoying to lose control and watch your 1/20 chance go down the crapper.

Hope they fix this.:mad:

I agree, lets hope they fix this soon. Maybe the new firmware will have a fix for it?

Pet Wolf
March 14th, 2007, 19:56
Yeah. While not as often(maybe 2 or 3 times) it has happened to me.. And for about that three seconds.... I do not know if it means anyting and I will post further as I play more gow2 but it has not happened to me while playing a ps2 title.

mavsman4457
March 14th, 2007, 20:39
I am thankful it has never happened to me. I guess I'm just lucky. Good luck to all having this problem.

MATTWOOKIE
March 14th, 2007, 22:44
I have had the problem pop up on Tekken DR, Cash Guns Chaos, Marvell UA, Blast Factor, NFS Carbon, and even Q-Bert. It happens on a daily basis with both of my controllers that are fully charged. Sony has a problem once again that they will ignore:mad:

DCRich
March 15th, 2007, 02:38
too those that have not had this problem......do you ever play your ps3? I mean, wtf sony. fix the damn problem. people have been reporting this bug since the beginning. FIX IT!

btw, I still love my ps3

F9zDark
March 15th, 2007, 03:06
I haven't had any real issues with this, has only happened twice to me out of many hours of play. I think it may not be a problem with the PS3 but perhaps some outside inteference.

Wireless devices, cell phones, radios could perhaps cause unwanted interference and for anyone experiencing these regularly should try isolating their PS3 from such devices.

yoshinatsu
March 15th, 2007, 03:42
I suggest you turn off any bluetooth connection while playing PS3. Not turning your cell off. Just the bluetooth.

zeadlots
March 15th, 2007, 19:45
Probably happens to me 1 time per week. However, I would gladly trade a little 2-3 second loss of control for a wireless controller that works from my kitchen.

Annoying, barely. Who cares. It'll be fixed.

F9zDark
March 16th, 2007, 05:02
As well, anyone with serious problems should simply plug it in via USB. A minor inconvience but a god-send if one is in the middle of an important clan match or striving for a gold medal.

And again, don't be too quick to blame Sony, when interference can be coming from any source.

jonezybaby
March 16th, 2007, 05:50
i guess im used to it, i have a wireless controller for my PS2 and im always losin connection :(

F9zDark
March 16th, 2007, 08:47
Well for the sake of knowledge, do you have alot of other wireless devices within the same room as the PS3? What about the rest of the house? Are you in an area of extensive WiFi coverage (like a metro area)? Do you use a bluetooth headset?

As I said before, there may be interference from other devices. The reason I am curious is because if we can find a reason for these connection issues outside of the PS3, steps can be taken to inform people of possible problems. This is in no way denying that there may exist some form of malfunction with the PS3, but it is merely to establish that there is no other external cause.

ElRazur
March 16th, 2007, 15:14
I am thankful it has never happened to me. I guess I'm just lucky. Good luck to all having this problem.

Same here.