PDA

View Full Version : Metareview: PGA Tour 07

wraggster
March 14th, 2007, 18:47
via wiifanboy (http://www.nintendowiifanboy.com/2007/03/14/metareview-pga-tour-07/)

As the second golf title (third if you want to count Wii Sports), Tiger Woods PGA Tour 07 has apparently gotten it right as many of the critics who reviewed the game have bestowed above-average scores on the game. We haven't gotten our hands on it yet, but with these positive scores, we're definitely more interested. Personally, we're hoping that the Wii controls provide a better solution to putting, as we've always had a problem with that on your standard controller.

But enough about us. Shall we check out what they had to say?

GameZone (83/100) sees the Wii installment as something fans of the series will like: "If you are already a Tiger Woods PGA Tour fan, you will surely appreciate the unique translation on the Wii. Compared to Wii Golf, Tiger Woods 07 is a lot more user friendly."
1UP (75/100) thinks the controls could use a little tweaking: "The control hiccups may cause problems, but most of them can be countered with care. But the biggest bonus: Not once will you see starlight dancing off the ball."
GameSpot (75/100) says it's a great choice for a golf game: "Tiger Woods 07's excellent use of the Wii's motion-sensing abilities makes it a worthwhile purchase for anyone looking to hit the links on the Wii."
EGM (73/100) is of the mind that the game could cause you some major arthritis: "As for Tiger's mechanics, arthritics beware. If my backswing was jittery, I swung before I intended to--which is frustrating, as the maddening result is a dink instead of a dive." [Apr 2007, p.83]
Any readers pick up the game yet and want to agree/disagree with the critics?

strumstrum
March 14th, 2007, 19:36
my only issue with the game is how long will a full round take..? I enjoy the standing up element of Wii but not for hours at a time.