PDA

View Full Version : SCE Australia Not Worried About PS3 Launch

wraggster
March 15th, 2007, 17:35
To his credit, SCE Australia boss Michael Ephraim seems like a nice guy. A sincere, pleasant chap. He's just had a few PR issues is all. In an interview with IGN Australia today, he had a chance to get a final word in before the PS3's launch here next week. I know you all live super-fast, super-important modern urban lifestyles, so to spare you the drudgery of reading the actual interview here's some highlights:

I really think that if people go into a store and get a complete demonstration of the capabilities of PlayStation 3 and the games that are on offer, I don't think price is an issue.

...we're confident based on very strong pre-sales at the moment that we will deliver a launch in Australia that will not disappoint consumers about stock availability.

The announcement was for a million units for the PAL territories, and if you look at the prior platforms that we've launched, Australia can generate anywhere from four and a half to six percent of the European market. [HINT: 40,000-60,000 units at launch?]

The reporting on whether stock is available in the US or not available, you honestly can get a room with ten people and five people will tell you one thing and five will tell you another.

If Ephraim's nodding and winking is true, 40-60,000 units at launch is a lot. Considering not one retailer I've spoken to has filled their pre-order quotas, that's good news for anyone looking to pick up a PS3 in the coming weeks - there should be plenty to go around.

via kotaku (http://kotaku.com/gaming/sony/sce-australia-not-worried-about-ps3-launch-244380.php)

lmtlmt
March 16th, 2007, 06:22
Yeh i cant wait to get my PS3

australia rules btw