PDA

View Full Version : *RUMOR* Download demos on Wii - confirmed?

wraggster
March 15th, 2007, 17:57
via ninevolved (http://www.nintendoevolved.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=363&Itemid=47)

Reports are now coming out that Nintendo will be releasing Wii demo's, via the Wii's online service. One Neo-Gaf reader says this is true,

Revealed: Wii-Demo Downloads
Wii owners with an internet connection will be able to download wii demos.

This has been suspected for some time; now it is official: Alongside the virtual console, Wii fans with an internet connection will be able to download demo versions of Wii titles. The demoes can either be saved on the 512 MB console flash memory or on a seperate SD card. Soon, Nintendo will announce which titles they start with.

Hmm, so anyone think that this German site is credible? Im not sure what to believe, but demo's online would be great, all I know is that I need to get my Wii's internet connection fixed!

ICE
March 15th, 2007, 17:59
Sweet

Gold Line
March 15th, 2007, 18:04
free demos will be the best thing to happen to the wii

bmemike
March 15th, 2007, 18:26
Horray, time to fill up the horribly small storage space on the Wii with a handful of demos.

Demolition49
March 15th, 2007, 19:45
if this is true, then praise the lord. Hehe, i will be needing an 8gb card when that happens :D

valtiel
March 15th, 2007, 19:58
Wicked! I really hope this is true.

punkypine
March 15th, 2007, 20:42
seeing as how demos easily hit the 500 mB mark on new games.... they must be planning on releasing simple demos if they want lots of people to get them... unless they are demos for virtual console games.

jameshisaus
March 15th, 2007, 21:53
As much as i want it to be true, i dont think it will be, As "Punkypine" says the games come on 4gig DVD's a demo will be well into 500megs, i just dont think the wii is set up to download files that big! DOnt get me wrong if they did do it, it would make my Day/week :-)

Demolition49
March 15th, 2007, 22:34
Wii is more than capable of downloading 500mb of data... if you left it overnight im sure you would get it by morning...

jameshisaus
March 15th, 2007, 23:20
Im more thinking about the space it has. People and "non gamers" will get confused if they HAVE to buy a SD card to download demos. For this reason nintenod want to keep the Wii simple and easy. i would say they will not let people download 500+megs but i 1000000% hope they do. Come on Nintendo pull one out of the bag

punkypine
March 15th, 2007, 23:20
the problem isnt so much the download time as it is the memory.. sure you can buy new cards, but is it really worth spending like 100 dollars on a memory card to get a few demos