PDA

View Full Version : Sony dismisses SingStore price rumour

Shrygue
March 16th, 2007, 18:40
via Games Industry (http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=23574)

Sony Computer Entertainment has dismissed reports that downloadable tracks for the PlayStation 3 instalment of SingStar will cost GBP 1.49 each.

The rumour first appeared on website palgn.com, which said that information about the GBP 1.49 price came from a forum member.

But according to a Sony spokesperson, "The SingStore prices on the site are wrong. We haven't announced anything on the prices yet."

The palgn.com report also claimed to have information from "a pamphlet sent out to Australian retailers" which confirmed that the SingStar PS3 Blu-ray disc will come with 30 songs and high-definition videos.

In addition, it confirmed that players will be able to upload videos and photos of their performances to their own My SingStar page, as announced by Sony's Phil Harrison during his GDC keynote speech last week.

SingStar will launch in Europe in early June, with a US release to follow in the autumn.

Leave feedback via comments.

mavsman4457
March 16th, 2007, 18:44
I don't see why there are different release dates for games, or for that matter, for anything. I know I have it easy since I've had my PS3 for about 4 months now but I don't see why I can't get Singstar in June like the rest of the world.