PDA

View Full Version : Official Nintendo Magazine claims world exclusive Wii game in next issue

wraggster
March 17th, 2007, 10:37
via gonintendo (http://gonintendo.com/?p=14685/)

Reader dc12iscool grabbed a couple pictures of a preview in the latest ONM.

The text reads, “World Exclusive! Step back in time as a classic game makes a long overdue return”. According to dc12iscool, the magazine also states that the exclusive will be about a Wii game. Now what do those stars mean?!

Update - Pretty strong evidence that the game will be NiGHTS! Thanks to everyone that sent this tip in.

http://gonintendo.com/wp-content/photos/thumb_ItsNights2.jpg

hadrian
March 17th, 2007, 10:55
April fools anyone?

I say that as the Official Nintendo mag usually NEVER gets exclusives like that.

JKKDARK
March 17th, 2007, 13:26
fake

podunk320x
March 17th, 2007, 13:32
Holy sh*t!!! :eek: IF this is true and not some April fools joke, than I am going to see everyone jump into the Nintendo "Wi-Wagon" pretty soon(including myself, must remind myself to buy a Wii before the end of this year).

Shrygue
March 17th, 2007, 18:32
It would be great to see a return of Nights for the Wii, it's one brilliant game.

Cap'n 1time
March 17th, 2007, 18:38
NiGHTs... you have to admit that would work well on the Wii.

iniquitous_beast
March 17th, 2007, 21:27
A curse upon April fools' day. I am willing to believe that this is just a joke. NiGHTS would just be too good to be true. Of course, you could combine this rumor with the other two rumors floating around for the last few days...NiGHTS, a saturn game, being available on the VC to those who purchase the Wii Hard Drive. That would be like rolling three sevens with a set of six-sided dice, but we can always dream.

Unrelated Question: How can this magazine call itself Official Nintendo Magazine when it obviously is not? Nintendo Power is the official magazine.

Cap'n 1time
March 17th, 2007, 22:20
Unrelated Question: How can this magazine call itself Official Nintendo Magazine when it obviously is not? Nintendo Power is the official magazine.

Good question.

Ewan
March 18th, 2007, 12:54
Good question.

2 things - 1 I'm not familiar with "Nintendo Magazine" over in England, but as far as I can tell it's not a US publication, and Nintendo Power seems to be a primarily US publication. The covers and main stories look the same between the 2.

2 - Sega has been hyping up bringing back an "old franchise" for months now on their site. Up until last week Nights has more than 60% of the votes of the people that went there for getting a new edition of the game.

Other side information - Oshima always said that NiGHTS stood on it's own, and did not need a Sequel. So that coupled with the fact that there is an "official" Sega emulator that was already developed for the Saturn for the PC that was leaked a few years ago that works pretty dang flawlessly, I'd say that the ability to bring the original NiGHTS to a wider audience is possible. Plus, if they release it to the VC, then a sequel if made would have a base of players that have played the original.

I'd think that most of the Saturn games could be compressed into a much smaller space, as much of the CD was used for uncompressed music as I recall. I've been trying to unearth my Saturn games that I stored for months now to play NiGHTS again, anyway. That and Panzer Dragoon Saga would be reason for me to buy any new system, and I honestly had hoped for ports of both to either ther DC or PS1/2 back 6 years ago when Sega announced they were leaving the hardware scene.

Gold Line
March 18th, 2007, 12:59
ya buy there mag to see what games are coming out then they lie because of a April fools joke i think there gay

I_Highway
March 19th, 2007, 02:22
Stars, space... I think there's more chance of being star wars or star fox... if it's a sega game, i would bet in phantasy star. But the game I really would like to see in new generation is Gangster Town...