PDA

View Full Version : External Hard Drive Coming to Wii

wraggster
March 17th, 2007, 10:41
Jeux France has a story that rumours of an external hard drive is coming to the Nintendo Wii.

No other details are known but i suppose it could be an external DVD Drive.

More as we find out more.

bmemike
March 17th, 2007, 12:38
The Wii will need an external HDD if they are serious about their claim that we'll be able to download game demos.

SD cards won't keep pace and if I recall correctly, the Wii only supports up to a 4G card (despite many people having succes with the 8G cards out now).

The big question is, what will our 2 (and only 2) USB ports be used for?

StormB
March 17th, 2007, 13:46
The Wii will need an external HDD if they are serious about their claim that we'll be able to download game demos.

SD cards won't keep pace and if I recall correctly, the Wii only supports up to a 4G card (despite many people having succes with the 8G cards out now).

The big question is, what will our 2 (and only 2) USB ports be used for?

Well one is the wired LAN adapter. My guess would be the other being an official play-n-charge type kit from Nintendo.

shade
March 17th, 2007, 17:07
A HDD sounds reasonable if demo's are to come about. Also have to consider original VC games as well as the evolution of virtual console.

diceone
March 17th, 2007, 17:08
The Wii is turning out to be such a big piece of crap.

No other details are known but i suppose it could be an external DVD Drive.
Are you telling me this thing cant even play DVDs?

Well one is the wired LAN adapter. My guess would be the other being an official play-n-charge type kit from Nintendo.
Jesus... it doesn't even go online right out of the box??

Wow.
So much for getting a Wii.

eatnooM
March 17th, 2007, 17:36
IIRC, you only have to buy that LAN adaptor if you lack/dislike wireless, and a function to play DVDs would have made the console cost more. Besides, you have a computer on which you can play DVDs, no? =p

JKKDARK
March 17th, 2007, 17:37

With online play or not, it's getting more money than Microsoft and Sony on video games market.

DessyDago
March 17th, 2007, 17:39

Wow.

It's built in wireless, you have to buy an extra piece for wired. Also they said from the start that it wouldn't play dvd movies, but this was done to combat piracy more then for price imho. Also how many dvd players do you need?

ICE
March 17th, 2007, 17:45
it can go online outta the box.
it could play dvd's with an update or a wii-ware purchase in the future
if its crap then what are the 360 and ps3???? whats something that sells worse than crap........?

Gold Line
March 17th, 2007, 17:59

Wow.

your dum ok the wii cant play dvds but just use a dvd player or even a pc

and yes the wii can go online right out of the box if you have a Wireless internet connection

it can go online outta the box.
it could play dvd's with an update or a wii-ware purchase in the future
if its crap then what are the 360 and ps3???? whats something that sells worse than crap........?

if the wii is crap the xbox 360 is sh*t and the ps3 is dog sh*t :rofl:

Demolition49
March 18th, 2007, 17:35
Lol well said gold line, there is no need for those sort of remarks about a console you dont like, you dont like it fine, dont spread your hate. An HDD would be good, but 8gb i am guessing would satisfiy my needs for demo games. i mean 500mb per demo? thats like 16 demos.