PDA

View Full Version : Broken game_plugin.rco?

ethan795
March 17th, 2007, 13:04
When I turn on my PSP it all loads up fine up to and including the XMB. I can use the XMB fine and everything else seems to be working, but when I go to start a game (be it homebrew or from a UMD) it just freezes. I'm kinda new to this whole think, but I thought it could be a broken game_plugin.rco? I'm using the one from the "XMB of the future" theme.

Well there's 2 questions really.
- Does this sound like I just need a new game_plugin.rco? (I think that's what it's called)
- Where can I get one?

I'm running 3.03OE C, I thought I'd just stick a 1.5 update in psp/game/recovery but the problem is...it won't open it because of above problem.

I do not have a back up of flash0 (yes I know, I'm an idiot. You may have read another post by me saying I have no back up, and I did back it up this time, just my sister saw it as useless:mad: so, it's gone).

Nicko01
March 17th, 2007, 13:29
Did you try going into recovery mode and run it though there? Things always seem to run through recovery.
I have a back up of my flash0, but it's UP mix, and it might not work right.
The game_plugin.rco might not be the problem. I know that that is used for game loading images, but I'm not sure what else.
It could be some other PRX or something.

ethan795
March 17th, 2007, 13:43
Yeah I tried running the 1.5 update through recovery but that's not working either. I think the file that starts running games\applications is screwed, I'm not too sure what that is though.

I have no idea what "UP mix" means, but I'll only want files that I know will work fine.

I had a problem a few days ago so had to downgrade to 1.5 then update to 3.03OE C again, and I know all I've changed in flash0 is delete Japanese language file, and add all the files from "XMB of the future" (This includes Game_plugin.rco and game_plugin.prx). I think if I just overwrite those 2 files with the originals it should be all good.

At the moment when I go to run a game the XMB icons, volume, battery, time etc all disappear and it freezes with the wallpaper on screen.

jak66
March 17th, 2007, 15:12
get a opening_plugin.rco, rename it to 0pening_plugin.rco (Thats a zero, not a capital o) and flash it to flash0:/vsh/resource/ (You should now have both opeing_plugin.rco and 0pening_plugin.rco there)

report back after youve tested, k

ethan795
March 17th, 2007, 15:15
get a opening_plugin.rco, rename it to 0pening_plugin.rco (Thats a zero, not a capital o) and flash it to flash0:/vsh/resource/ (You should now have both opeing_plugin.rco and 0pening_plugin.rco there)

report back after youve tested, k

That doesn't sound like It's going to help :\ if anything it sounds like it's going to make things worse...

Also where could I get an opening_plugin.rco from anyway...my problem is I don't have a back up of any flash0 files.

jak66
March 17th, 2007, 15:19
trust me, its how people get around a custom opening without breaking pops, they hex edit game_plugin.prx to read a second opening plugin

EDIT: Now that i've looked at that theme, the creator did it a different way, rather than load the second opening plugin from flash0:/vsh/resource/0pening_ plugin.rco, its loaded from flash1:/vsh/resource/opening_ plugin.rco, so make sure you have that file flashed, and sorry for the mix up

ethan795
March 17th, 2007, 16:40
Many thanks and sorry for the initial distrust. Everything is working fine now.