Atari
May 2nd, 2005, 17:17
http://www.jp50.zombies.co.uk/tutorials.html

The list is as follows:

DIV Tutorial 1.1 - The Beginning

DIV Tutorial 1.2 - FPG Files

DIV Tutorial 1.3 - Programming The Game

DIV Tutorial 1.4 - Movement Of The Spacecraft

DIV Tutorial 1.5 - Asteroid Attacking...

DIV Tutorial 1.6 - Smashing Ships & Global Bits

DIV Tutorial 1.7 - From an OK game to a Good game

DIV Tutorial 1.8 - From a Good game to a Great game

DIV Tutorial 2.1 - PCM Playing

DIV Tutorial 2.2 - WAV to PCM

DIV Tutorial 2.3 - Playing CD Audio

DIV Tutorials#3.0 - 3.x

DIV Tutorial 3.0 - Movement using Joystick & Mouse

DIV Tutorial 3.1 - The Art Of Scrolling

DIV Tutorial 3.2 - Mode 7 Explained!

DIV Tutorial 3.3 - Angle Angels
---------

For now, ignore the sound and Joystick/Mouse movement tutorials. The sound commands in Fenix are different than DIV, and as pauljake outlined in his posts, there are better ways to utilize the analog stick than using the MOUSE command. I tested the CDAUDIO tutorial with the Dreamcast and it didn't work, unfortunately. It works on the PC, though.

I burned and tested the mode7 stuff on this and the previous tutorials and they work fine on the Dreamcast. Whether the speed will suffer as objects are added remains to be seen, but at least we know that it works. Nazca used mode7 in a number of his games (all of them, actually), and the speed seemed fine.

The way I tested these tutorials is to download the archive that is included with each, and extract the FPG to a folder. Then I copied the code from the tutorial page and pasted it to Flamebird2 (THE IDE you should be using now). Then I compiled the code, saving it to the directory where I extracted the FPG, and ran it. The archives also include DIV runtimes and DLL. These are DOS programs and will NOT run under XP or Win2K regardless of your compatibility settings.

One last note- the set_mode commands in the tutorials are missing the comma between the two resolutions (i.e. set_mode(640480);). Just add a comma and all is well. And be sure to set your res to 640x480 for best speed.