PDA

View Full Version : PSPSSH : SSH2 Client for PSP v1.0.1 !

zx-81
March 17th, 2007, 22:53
http://zx81.zx81.free.fr/images/pspssh-snap-v1.jpg

Hi All,

Dropbear is a small SSH2 Server and Client running on a variety of
POSIX-based platforms. It has been mainly developed by Matt Johnston
(see Matt's web site (http://matt.ucc.asn.au/dropbear/dropbear.html)).

I've sucessfully ported the version 0.48.1 to the PSP.

The terminal Vt100 emulation part of PSPSSH is based on the work
of Danzel for his Telnet client for PSP.

This software is distributed under several open-source/free software
licenses, and mainly the MIT/X Consortium License.

See LICENSE.txt file for all details and information about it.

It has been developed on linux for Firmware 1.5 and 3.03-OE.

How to use it ? Everything is in the README.txt file.

Spread the Word

http://digg.com/linux_unix/SSH2_Client_for_PSP_Released

It's a first beta release and work still remain !

Thanks to Matt Johnston for Dropbear, to Danzel and Jeff Chen for their virtual keyboard,
thanks once more to Danzel for the VT100 emulation, and thanks to all PSPSDK coders.

Enjoy, :thumbup:

Zx

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

anthonywales
March 17th, 2007, 23:12
I don't really understand what this is because i successfully connected but then it just went back to the XMB.

zx-81
March 17th, 2007, 23:14
I don't really understand what this is because i successfully connected but then it just went back to the XMB.

On which kind of SSH2 server are you trying to connect ? It works fine for me, i've got a console on my ssh2 linux server :(

anthonywales
March 17th, 2007, 23:19
Don't worry i just found out that my server doesn't support ssh2.

zx-81
March 17th, 2007, 23:21
Don't worry i just found out that my server doesn't support ssh2.

:rofl: :o :o :o

pspfan
March 18th, 2007, 00:32
Excellent work!

Tetris999
March 18th, 2007, 00:50
I wonder exactly what this program does ZX

yes i am very nooby :p

Cloudhunter
March 18th, 2007, 01:07
Connects to an SSH2 server, obviously...

Cloudy

dmac
March 18th, 2007, 01:31
what is the point in doing that?

gunntims0103
March 18th, 2007, 01:37
nice work zx-81

I myself don't know what this program actually does. :o

nonetheless good work!

tyranos
March 18th, 2007, 01:46
i was waiting for this to happen as i couldnt do it myself .thx many thx zx81 for this all the other great things also , but what i was able to do is to make my irda keyboard work with ir keyboard lib available on the ps2dev svn and which should support most of the keyboards outthere hope u can support it sometime in the future , and again kudos et merci pour tous les super progs , j admire vraiment ce que tu fais
sry if my post was too long ,
btw just tested it it rocks but how do i send the ctrl^c thingy ?

NoQuarter
March 18th, 2007, 01:59
nice work,I'm looking foward to trying this when I get another PC setup

ficksucker
March 18th, 2007, 02:21
THanks a lot. I think this might make it possible to connect to my university's gay internet (which requires PUTTY and SSH)... this is a dream come true... now if only somone ported RPGmaker XP so that its games could run on PSP, all my desires would be fulfilled.

Vylen
March 18th, 2007, 02:30
i can see the ability to enter in ctrl and what not through the virtual keyboard, but it doesnt seem to work in sending control signals.. i.e. ctrl+c doesnt work.... oh well, good job though

IM back!
March 18th, 2007, 02:32
cool but no use for me

--Hoping for a new relies of PSP UAE--

zx-81
March 18th, 2007, 09:09
@all: thanks

Work still remain, such as CTRL-? keys mapping, scroll up and down etc .. For those who wonder what is the purpose of this homebrew : you can get a unix shell prompt on any of your host, from anywhere. Then for example you can read your mail using command such as mail, etc ...

pkmaximum
March 18th, 2007, 14:38
Great Work ZX-81 since you release so many projects mind if I ask what do you have in plans for next? =P

Certainly amazing though how you constantly port so many things to the PSP, you help keep the homebrew scene for this device live and well, and for that "THANK YOU!"

remansano
March 18th, 2007, 16:07
Great job zx as usual. You always make usefull ports teaching sony what to do with the PSP network adapter.
Thanks a lot dude and keep it up!!
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

ALoGeNo
March 21st, 2007, 23:43
hi, congratulations at the first time for that great app for us psps, hehe, and now my problem..

I try that app with my linux shell, by security insues i have the version reply of my ssh deactivated, im looking in the log error file.. and find that.. pspssh: connection to [email protected]:22 exited: Failed to get remote version
.. then tha program exits to XMB.. my cuestion is if that feature (get remote version) can be deactivated.. thank you.

Sorry for my bad english im spanish :)

zx-81
March 22nd, 2007, 15:33
hi, congratulations at the first time for that great app for us psps, hehe, and now my problem..

I try that app with my linux shell, by security insues i have the version reply of my ssh deactivated, im looking in the log error file.. and find that.. pspssh: connection to [email protected]:22 exited: Failed to get remote version
.. then tha program exits to XMB.. my cuestion is if that feature (get remote version) can be deactivated.. thank you.

Sorry for my bad english im spanish :)

Thanks for your feedback, i can add an option to enable this feature.

NoQuarter
March 22nd, 2007, 16:49
Can I access the psp's filesystem?,or just the remote host and can I ftp with this?

zx-81
March 22nd, 2007, 19:41
Can I access the psp's filesystem?,or just the remote host and can I ftp with this?

This is not to transfert file, but only to have a shell on a remote host ...