PDA

View Full Version : Comic Book DS v2.1

wraggster
March 18th, 2007, 02:40
New release from Gnese (http://gnese.free.fr/NDS/ComicBookDS/), heres more info:

Comic Book DS is a program making it possible to read your Comic Books on your Nintendo DS.
It can be also used as a photo or image based documents viewer.
It is composed of two parts:
The PC part, PictoDS, developped by Nicom00k, converts your pictures into a .cbds file (those pictures can be in a folder, a .zip, a .cbz, a .cbr, a .rar)
The DS part, ComicBookDS, developped by me, allows to display those .cbds files in a fast, pleasant and intuitive way (well, I hope;) ).

Heres whats new:

# 2.1 (16/03/2007):

* BugFix PC: Image size settings are now correctly used and saved.
* BugFix PC: Sometimes, the image was not correctly resized.
* BugFix PC: Better error handling, using popups to display error messages.
* BugFix PC: Detect when a .zip (.cbz) file is not a .rar (.cbr) file.
* New PC: Drag N' Drop support for file and folder addition.
* New PC: 'Open output folder' item added in menu.
* New PC: When the ComicBook name is changed, the output filename is changed accordingly.
* BugFix DS: The images are now fully displayed. (there are no missing right and bottom parts of some images anymore).
* BugFix DS: Memory regression problems solved, causing even small images to be partially displayed (the 'image too big' message display)
* BugFix DS: Stylus Jumping effect is highly reduced.
* BugFix DS: Program shouldn't freeze anymore when quickly switching from one book to another.
* BugFix DS: More than 300 pages per Book can be browsed. (however, the display will be quite slow)
* New DS: Thumbnails of the Library screen are loaded in background and they remain visible when switching between Library and Thumbnails modes.
* New DS: A popup is displayed when an error is found on the filesystem. (causing some .cbds files not to be found

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

KendiKong
March 18th, 2007, 16:07
* New PC: Drag N' Drop support for file and folder addition.

Yes! Now i can try converting my 400 folders of manga. :)

TeenDev
March 18th, 2007, 16:11
yes i can still read my 22 volumes of Pokemon Adventures (Plz dont hurt me!) when i can get my hoimebrew crap working again.

KendiKong
March 21st, 2007, 03:10
theres lots of converting problems.

I converted my 400 manga and some of them were much smaller in size than it should be.

Then i tried reconverting them all again and every single one of them were differently sized than my first set.

nathan_r
June 1st, 2007, 01:29
when i try to run pictosds i get the error:"could not find the main class. program will exit" can anyone help me? i installed the newest java.

inbhm
September 17th, 2007, 02:24
when i try to run pictosds i get the error:"could not find the main class. program will exit" can anyone help me? i installed the newest java.

I'm having the same problem. for the life of me I can't find a solution. is this program the only way to convert files to .cbds?