PDA

View Full Version : Vector akira art

qskint
March 18th, 2007, 15:47
wondering if anyone knows of any Akira (the anime) related vector art? or if anyone is able to produce some?
i really like how vector art looks especially for wallpapers.

S34MU5
March 18th, 2007, 16:40
I love akira!

But really I havent been able to find many akira images across the web, none of them vectors :(

But the film was published in 1988 so I dont know if the artist will even be around.

diceone
March 18th, 2007, 17:58
katsuhiro otomo is the artist who created and directed the film AKIRA. and he is definitely around, he has produced many other notable animated feature length films.

While fanboy art is cool, stealing peoples stuff off the web and then saying it's "yours"... not so hot.

why don't you go buy a copy of one of the MANY AKIRA manga books and learn to draw.

or... you can import pretty much any image into pshop/illustrator and make flat illustration style art.

when you reduce photographic elements down to flat colors without shading and blending edges, it isn't called "vector" art.
it's just a stylized form of art production called "posterization" and in the film industry "roto-scoping"

it was a technique used by poster makers, to outline areas for color separation for silkscreen poster printing.

popular vector based programs like illustrator are commonly used, and the art has been mis-labled "vector style art" because of a lack of knowledge at the consumer level.

h4s30
March 21st, 2007, 03:09
i love akira its the sickest movie i've ever seen in my life esp. that bike holy living crap that bike is awesome

S34MU5
March 21st, 2007, 17:47
-.-

h4s30
March 21st, 2007, 23:40
diceone is right i wikied it and yeah vector art and what you're asking for are not even in the same isle

the manga is just as good if not better

S34MU5
March 22nd, 2007, 00:09
vector art and what you're asking for are not even in the same isle

wiki told you that??

and vector art is what he is asking for...

why dont you make your own akira vectors gskint...

h4s30
March 22nd, 2007, 03:46
sorry sorry forget what i said wiki just gave such a great answer that what he was asking and what wiki gave me I thought were two different things but its not