PDA

View Full Version : PS3 update ready for Euro launch

Shrygue
March 19th, 2007, 18:23
via Computer and Video Games (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=160236&skip=yes)

A PlayStation 3 system update will be arriving on European launch day this Friday, the folk at Sony Computer Entertainment have confirmed.

The biggest addition in the 1.6 firmware update appears to be background downloading, which (shock, horror) will allow you to use your PS3 for other things whilst downloading multiple files - though there are currently-undisclosed limitations, says Sony.

Elsewhere the update adds the option to use a full-size keyboard as opposed to the mobile phone-esque pad currently available on debug and US machines. The web brower is also bolstered with a plethora of auto font size-detecting mischief, as well as a new 'pin-point zoom' feature for all your full-screen, ah, 'art' needs.

As with all patches, we expect plenty more tweaks and changes to crop up in the PS3 firmware update.

Leave feedback via comments.

Uchuu
March 19th, 2007, 21:41
nice....background downloading.....

now i get to do something when its downloading updates. I really wish I could play games while downloading BUT, being realistic here........ I probably can't.

I wonder what us PS3 users will be able to do though.