PDA

View Full Version : "Final Fantasy should come to Xbox 360", says Sakaguchi

wraggster
March 19th, 2007, 19:44
After leaving the company to bring his RPG duo Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey to Xbox 360, Final Fantasy creator Hironobu Sakaguchi says that Square Enix should bring Final Fantasy to Microsoft's console.

The Mistwalker boss told Gamespot: "I feel that the Final Fantasy series should come to Xbox 360 as well. This is wise. It makes so much sense to me...it has so much potential in North America and in Europe. So there's a great chance for the series to succeed on 360 as well."

Continuing the chat Sakaguchi-san suggested that Square Enix could port its upcoming PS3 instalment Final Fantasy XIII to 360 fairly simply, because "they made the White Engine open platform".

To date Square Enix's support for the Xbox 360 has been fairly week. A port of the 11th Final Fantasy has so far been the only one of the company's titles to make it over, but with the current trend of cross-platform development we wouldn't rule out the idea of Final Fantasy XII on 360.

Sakaguhci's latest, Blue Dragon, was recently confirmed for European release in September, with talk of a demo in June emanating from the same interview.

via cvg (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=160232)

wolfpack
March 19th, 2007, 20:10
FF on 360?... YAY!

briyan
March 19th, 2007, 20:13
I don't understand why some companies like Squenix, stick to one console..regardless of how poor its doing currently, regardless of how well it would do on the 360 which has the larger install base of the 3 next-gen console. i don't get it. i don't believe there ever was news that PS3 bought exclusivity rights to the franchise. although it has been that way for a while. I think that they should test their markets on the 360 and see how it does. Even though, the 360 has enough RPG's to whet gamer appetites (Oblivion, Two Worlds, Mass Effect, Fable 2, etc.). While most of these games are relatively unknown to the public, they offer an even better game in their own rights albeit the Final Fantasy monicker.

Cap'n 1time
March 19th, 2007, 20:40
Why wouldnt you want to outsource to as many consoles as possible? I dont think production costs scares Squenix, and given the amount of people that have a 360 now, and owned a ps2 last gen (my point is that they were likely to have bought FF games) then you would think they would want to produce games for as many consoles as possible. Of course... Sony could have contracted them. That is, paid them extra to keep their releases on Sony Machines.

slappy1
March 21st, 2007, 16:02
They would definitely sell more copies of FFXIVXIX if they brought it to 360. I would say that this loyalty business is a bunch of shit, however square and sony have been butt budies for a while. Sony obviously has some influence over square this includes: owning a small share of the company, paying them off, and being japanese. Its Squares call though. Who knows maybe Sony has given death threats to Square employees, to keep their games from going multiplatform. Personally I know they would make more money, if they brought their games to the 360 and Wii. Draw your own conclusions.