PDA

View Full Version : Wii Sensor Bar Extension Cable

wraggster
March 19th, 2007, 22:26
New from Divineo China (http://www.divineo.cn/php/affstart.php?affcode=arboretum&prod=wii-sensbar)

http://www.divineo.cn/divineo/images/products/wii-sensbar.jpg

A very useful product for all the people who struggle to install the Wii sensor bar properly depending on their Video equipment integration. Solve the problem by giving you a wide margin to put it where you want with this extension cable for the Wii sensor.

.- Extend length of sensor bar cable
- High quality and effective
- Compatible with all Wii sensor bar model

bandit
March 20th, 2007, 01:55
Isnt the cable long enough?

Junixx
March 20th, 2007, 02:57
Yeah I thought the cable was plenty long enough, guess I'm wrong...

ICE
March 20th, 2007, 03:27
i have mine tied to be shorter..

bmemike
March 20th, 2007, 11:42
People that use projectors tend not to have their Wii next to the wall/screen that they're projecting onto - the Wii is usually many feet away near the projector itself.

This is the main scenario where the sensor bar cable is too short.

bandit
March 20th, 2007, 11:58
People that use projectors tend not to have their Wii next to the wall/screen that they're projecting onto - the Wii is usually many feet away near the projector itself.

This is the main scenario where the sensor bar cable is too short.
Good point. But of how many people use a projector? Even if you connect the Wii to the projector and move it away as far as the AV and power cord allows you to go, the sensor bar still gives you a good length. Not to mention, who has a room that long anyways?

Stretching the AV cable and power cords PLUS the length of the sensor bar cable is long enough unless your room is as long as a bowling lane.

bmemike
March 20th, 2007, 12:13
If you have a projector, your room may very well be that long.

And while you might be able to get the length by stretching everything across your floor, that's a really crappy option. It's the same reason people route their speaker cables along walls, through walls, under carpet/floors, etc.

There was cry for a longer cable or a wireless sensor bar from launch. One of the types of people that buy at launch are early adopters, and many of these people do have projectors.

The sheer number of sensorbar hacks online should show that there's more than just a passing interest.

cswallstreet
April 10th, 2007, 04:35
i have a projector and my wii sensor bar is like 5 feet too short. I have like a 100 inch screen using the projector so ya i need this.

Bruce.Lee
April 10th, 2007, 05:05
Isnt there also a wireless Wii sensor bar? I guess that would be an extreme case.