PDA

View Full Version : PS3 Linux Homebrew Game - PS3 Lines

wraggster
March 19th, 2007, 23:18
New from Edepot (http://www.edepot.com/game.html)

Hello. I wish to submit a new PS3 Linux homebrew program. I believe this is the first homebrew program for PS3 Linux.

The program is called ps3lines and you simply download a zip called ps3lines.zip and extract the program and run from the terminal prompt under linux.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

mnuhaily22
March 20th, 2007, 11:29
Is this the first homebrew game for PS3?

Cloudhunter
March 20th, 2007, 13:02
I very much doubt it... a linux game is barely "homebrew".

Cloudy

Ci5tm Konfliqt
March 20th, 2007, 16:04
its not the first lunavader was . i think thats what its called

zye9
December 28th, 2007, 18:20
:thumbup:hi

F9zDark
December 28th, 2007, 19:02
Homebrew doesn't necessarily mean "programs written and run on a system through a hack" as we all have come used to know.

Homebrew is a general term, derived from home brewing of beer or other alcoholic beverages, that simply means the program was coded by an individual not affiliated with any software company.

However, I see that people will get this term confused, especially if they are only used to homebrew on the PSP.

But there are, at present, 2 types of homebrew programs that I know of that are run on the PS3

1)Through and using Linux. One needs to install linux to use this software.

2)Using the Linux bootloader to load a program without loading Linux. This has been done with a few programs out there. I think the PS3 Swiss Army Knife uses this method.

However, both methods require using the OtherOS partition. Just that the first method actually needs Linux installed, the other doesn't.