PDA

View Full Version : What all does DLDI help you run?

BigJC1983
March 20th, 2007, 14:57
I have my MMD on the way with a 2 GB CF, and know that DLDI will help me run homebrews, just want to know what all can be run (and what can't). $89 from Datel for 2 GB definitely beat $40 plus $60 for 1 GB CF card at Walmart!!

DanTheManMS
March 21st, 2007, 00:47
See http://wiki.pocketheaven.com/DLDI for a brief description of what DLDI is and how it affects homebrew.

I'm afraid you made a poor choice with the MMD if you're mostly going to be using it for homebrew. There are many incompatibilities with the MMD, some of which can be remedied with some trickery, some of which can't. For $90 you could have bought a Supercard (mini)SD, a NoPass device, and a 2 GB (mini)SD card, which would have had much better homebrew capability and passable GBA compatibility.

BigJC1983
March 21st, 2007, 16:00
I have read the info, and it seems to me that anything done in '07 should be supported by the MMD fine. I'm also going to use MP3 and some video on my MMD. Is it possible NOT to use the MMP software at all and switch to Moonshell, etc.?

DanTheManMS
March 21st, 2007, 23:04
Anything done in 07 should support DLDI, so theoretically you would be able to patch it and have it work. It's not always like this, but in general it should work.

For Moonshell, just use the setup.exe file, move the .nds file to your Games folder, and launch it from within the MMP software. I'm not too familiar with the MMP, so I don't know if you can autoboot to Moonshell to begin with. Perhaps renaming it to bootme.nds will work, but I'm not really sure. Just make sure that the "moonshl" folder is still on the root of your card.

TeenDev
March 21st, 2007, 23:31
Anything done in 07 should support DLDI, so theoretically you would be able to patch it and have it work. It's not always like this, but in general it should work.

For Moonshell, just use the setup.exe file, move the .nds file to your Games folder, and launch it from within the MMP software. I'm not too familiar with the MMP, so I don't know if you can autoboot to Moonshell to begin with. Perhaps renaming it to bootme.nds will work, but I'm not really sure. Just make sure that the "moonshl" folder is still on the root of your card.

yes this works to autoboot something