PDA

View Full Version : Sony reveals PS3 backwards compatible titles

Shrygue
March 20th, 2007, 19:25
via Games Industry (http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=23631)

Sony has revealed that 1,782 PlayStation 2 titles will be playable on the PlayStation 3 when it launches in Europe this Friday.

"Our engineers have been working overtime, and have succeeded in delivering a significant number of playable PS2 titles for the European launch," commented David Reeves, president of SCEE.

However, the UK boss reiterated the company's main focus in the future will be on PlayStation 3 development, not on the delivery of backwards compatible PS2 games.

"We will be adding additional titles to this list in future firmware upgrades, but as we have made clear before, in the future our resources will be increasingly focused on developing new services and entertainment features exclusively for PS3, rather than on delivering PS2 backwards compatibility."

The full list of all 1,782 compatible titles is available here (http://faq.eu.playstation.com/bc/).

Consumers will be able to play PS2 titles by downloading and installing the latest 1.6 firmware upgrade, available from midnight on Thursday.

Xiofire
March 20th, 2007, 20:55
Very nice range of titles, glad Devil May Cry 3 plays without a hitch.
-Xiofire

Andyrew
March 20th, 2007, 21:08
Yer theres a nice range of games there, bit disappointed as the main ps2 game i was gonna play being guitar hero neither of them made it to the list:mad: :(

DPyro
March 20th, 2007, 21:10
Guitar hero won't work because of the special controller.

Andyrew
March 20th, 2007, 21:17
Reply, yer i know, but theres always the adapters like the nyko one comming out soon n i was hoping to buy one of them, n well my ps2 broke n scratches my discs so tbh im kinda in a bad situation hah:(

superd123
March 20th, 2007, 21:57
All my current PS2 games will work on the PS3 without a problem!!!! :D

Andyrew
March 20th, 2007, 22:20
Hah, I checked the major ones I play, n i think about 1/2 play, hopfully after friday there will be some one tallented enough to make a better compatibility then sony:p

S34MU5
March 20th, 2007, 22:56
Guitar hero won't work because of the special controller.

Is it not USB?

Emeriastone
March 21st, 2007, 05:53
Hmmm. Metal Gear Solid 2 does not have backwards compatability... And neither does Final Fantasy VII, not complaining though, I can always play that one on my PSP.

jonezybaby
March 21st, 2007, 11:59
80% of my games will play, sum have minor issues sum should fine, the odd 1 or 2 have noticeable issues. wat i dont get is like the legend of dragoon (PSX) only has disk 4 compatablity :s wats the point in that?

lmtlmt
March 22nd, 2007, 06:28
well it apperas most of my games work :D