PDA

View Full Version : StyxDS v0.2 Atari St Emulator for the Nintendo DS

wraggster
March 21st, 2007, 02:11
redbug (http://www.neoflash.com/forum/index.php/topic,3942.0.html) has posted an entry into the Neoflash Coding Comp:

New release of the atari ST emulator.

What's new ?
In one word : quicker ! (but not yet realtime)
- Auto-frameskip (max 5)
- New screen handling (next version will be ARM asm based)
- Mouse in touchpad mode is quicker.

Which games are really playable ?
Rick Dangerous I & II, Xenon 2, Speedball and many other Atari ST great games.

How to use it ?
Copy bios and disks in the /roms/st.
Bios file (tos102fr.img or other bios) have to to be renamed to tos.bin
Disks have to be in the .st format

SCreenshot/Download and Give feedback Via Comments

danmiracle
March 21st, 2007, 12:39
How to use it ?
Copy bios and disks in the /roms/st.
Bios file (tos102fr.img or other bios) have to to be renamed to tos.bin
Disks have to be in the .st format
Not having much luck with this one yet :(

I tried renaming a tos102.img to tos.bin, put it (alongside the .st files) in the directory as stated, yet the only thing that happens once loaded is that the top screen goes green (displaying the keyboard on the bottom screen).

The keyboard doesn't seem to be functioning whasoever.

I'm using a Supercard CF (with Max Media Launcher) if anyone can help?

Thanks

thebawp
March 21st, 2007, 16:28
Dunno if this will help, but I found that simply renaming the file to tos.bin didn't work because it was still actually an image file (tos.bin.image) - I worked around it by renaming it on the DS on the card via DSorganize.

Bit diappointed Rebug decided to update Styx and not CrocoDS - I'm an Amstrad fan at heart. Still, will give Hero Quest another crack on it, see if there's any improvements (guessing there's still no way to save though).

crookedmouth
March 21st, 2007, 23:59
The mouse still doesn't work for me. I got the joystick working in rick dangerous and starglider but I can't tell if the keyboard works. It's invisible until I touch it and makes a noise when I touch the keys.
The speed is a lot better and this shows incredible promise but I have a sinking feeling that the controls will never work on my set up(I hope I'm wrong).
The other emulators from redbug work very well, so I hope that these problems can be fixed. Either way awesome work redbug.

narz
May 28th, 2007, 23:58
firstly many thanks to redbug for these great ported emulators to the ds. :)

hopefully i can get some help on this one though. the emulator seems to be working just fine but when i go to autoload a rom, after i load it nothing happens, is it suppose to autostart?
i tried the recommended games that are suppose to work but after i load them, it shows above the keyboard that they are loading, but i am unsure how to start them from the desktop or from a button combination?

any help?

thanks.

EDIT: yes i believe this version will not load and start up games on my ds with ezflash V. a horrible shame, hopefully with the next release this will be sorted out. redbug's msx emulator has a nasty constant popping noise the whole time, but these are all great alpha stage ds emulators.

need better support with ezflash V please.

noname1
November 17th, 2007, 23:44
where can i get the bios like "tos102fr.img"?

crookedmouth
November 18th, 2007, 23:59
where can i get the bios like "tos102fr.img"?

I know this is a crazy idea but I used google, and typed 'Atari TOS ROMs'. :)