PDA

View Full Version : Earth Invaders 0

wraggster
March 21st, 2007, 03:10
Smealum (http://www.neoflash.com/forum/index.php/topic,3959.0.html) has released his entry into the Neoflash coding comp:

Presentation :
Earth Invaders 0 is an old school side scrolling 2.5D game, developped by myself (code) and lobo (GFX). Why 2.5D ? Because, as you may notice, the game features a classic 2D gameplay with a 2D background, but every single element, item, character of the game is actually real time rendered in 3D.
Enough of technical stuff. EI 0 is not only a side scrolling platform game but also an infiltration/shooting game which takes advantage of the unique features of the DS, such as the touch screen.

Story :
In this game's universe, there are two major forces : Earth and the Naouak planet. You play as a Naouak warrior, but not any warrior; you're a Spectre. You have no name, you have been brainwashed and you blindly serve your general who has just sent you out for an important mission, on Earth's moon. Unfortunately, on your way there, you're hit by an asteroid and you crash on this very same Moon. You're wounded and have lost most of your equipment; you have no choice but to walk into the base you see...

Controls :
This game features a "mirror" control-scheme : it's adapted for both lefties and righties.
- D-PAD or ABXY : move. (Up or X to jump)
(in equipment menu, change equipment)
- Stylus : aim or open the equipment menu.
- R or L : shoot. (you have to be aiming with the stylus)
Note : Up + Direction = long jump.
Up alone = high jump.

Notes :
- The game is DLDI compatible, for saves. If you don't have a DLDI compatible device, it'll still work though
- The game is fully emulated by no emulator.
- The game is far from being done. I rushed this release pretty much for the compo. Please be aware of it; don't hesitate to report a bug.

Special thanks :
Lobo of course for the GFX, all #pa.org for the support, Payk (3D help), Yus, Mollusk, Alekmaul, Caillou (moral "support"), LiraNuna (2D help)...and the others...

Screenshot/ Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Aryn
March 22nd, 2007, 06:53
This is a decent platform game, although I thought the background graphics needed some improvement it was very fun to play.