PDA

View Full Version : ZXDS v0.0.1 Sinclair ZX Spectrum for Nintendo DS

wraggster
March 21st, 2007, 03:15
A new spectrum emulator (http://zxds.raxoft.cz/)for the DS has been released:

Features already implemented:

Solid Z80 core - possible bugs aside, the Z80 emulation is as complete as it can be. It includes all documented and undocumented instructions, each modifying the documented and undocumented flags as it should (the only little exception being the undocumented BIT N,(HL),R and BIT N,(XY+D),R instructions which should modify the undocumented flags 5 and 3 differently - just because the proper way seemed a bit more complex than I was willing to code at that time). Apart from the emulation of contented memory and contented port I/O, each instruction modifies the T state properly as well. The emulator also implements all the subtle details of Z80 I know of, including proper IRQ sampling and blocking (missed IRQ, delayed EI, IX/IY prefix blocking) and P/V fix for interrupted LD A,I/R instruction.
Full 128k paging support - the memory paging of ZX Spectrum 128k is fully implemented. This includes both ROM and RAM bank paging and shadow screen support.
Reasonable screen emulation - the screen display code does all it should, including color, bright and flash support. It just samples the screen once per frame, though, so don't expect any multicolor features to work yet.
Limited input support - although both keyboard and kempston joystick are technically supported, the user friendlyness is still far from perfect.
Limited snapshot support - only 48k SNA snapshot format only. Sorry.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Hawq
March 21st, 2007, 19:07
0.0.2 alpha 1 is out now, news:
ZXDS 0.0.2 alpha 1 (21.3.2007)

+ primitive file requester, root dir only.
+ loads 128k snapshots as well, with interrupts now being enabled properly.
+ touch screen now shows at least some minimalistic keyboard layout.