PDA

View Full Version : DSZhongwen Alpha

wraggster
March 21st, 2007, 03:24
New from rrc2soft:

DSZhongwen
First alpha release (codename RFC - Request for Comments). Bug-filled, no save, no DLDI.

DSZhongwen is a tool for learning (a bit of) Chinese using the Nintendo DS. Grammar, Ideograms, Listening...

My initial idea was to use this tool for helping me in my (elemental) chinese class... but once you do something, why not to share it? ^_-. Well, this is the first, alpha release (cannot save, do not work on no$gba, glitches while changing menus...), but in the future I will add more lessons in a timely manner and other features (e.g. animated ideograms from Ocrat).

Controls: Let the program guide you

Download and Give Feedback via Comments

turboz
March 21st, 2007, 12:17
Is there any homebrew programs which we can input chinese characters and save? something similar to notepad i guess..

errabes
March 21st, 2007, 14:05
For people that read chinese a bit, there is a good dictionnary tool developed there: http://www.ndsbbs.com/read.php?tid=107870
That's by far the best dictionnary available for NDS.
It reads dict files (format used in stardict), and can work for other languages as well. Though the interface is only in chinese.

There is an IME using pinyin, but no sources available as far as I know (for cloverrs version).

I wanted to do things in that field as well, but didn't took the time... And now, I won't be available for about 3 weeks...