PDA

View Full Version : PSPUAE Progress Update

FOL
March 21st, 2007, 15:29
Thought I would post and let you know what we are up to.

Right, as you are all proberly aware, we have new BetaTester's and they are already doing an awesome job. Only been a week and they are very efficient and picking on every little detail, this is helping us alot.

Currently, there are 4 0.63 ME Beta builds, 0.63 ME is still being extensively worked on by Thinkp.
Ric has now turned his attention to the HardDrive support (im not sure how its going).

As for the rest of us, I have been trying different things with the source, while gnostic has been optimising the code.

We also have a new coder that has joined us, cmf. He has been working on the memory code and has done a good job on getting 10 Meg usable memory, but he is currently still working on some issues with it.

I also added the full spectrum of CPU 2 CHIPSET options, so you can adjust the speed much more finely when using chipset option. Also fixed the bug that caused pspuae to crash if no menu background pic was found and you turned the option "OFF".

I have managed to get a very nice speed increase (Added a few defines for compiling pspuae), and with an added bonus (there is no slowdown when using CHIPSET setting, it seems to run much more smoothly.
Testing using Xenon 2, Turrican 2, Jaguar XJ220, all of which were almost perfect. Even Bubble Bobble runs very nice on FrameSkip 1. A small amount even ran fine on FrameSkip 0, all tested with full 4CH sound.

While gonostic is optimising the code, he is also looking at a way to limit the FPS to 50, instead of auto frameskip, as due to the recent speed increase most things are running to fast.

So its looking quite promising, we could be ready for a release quite soon.

pspuae.com (http://www.pspuae.com) / Dev Team....

Baboon
March 21st, 2007, 15:45
Thats great news about the additional speed increases!

Its been a wee while since the last release and I cant wait for the next build!

Cheers. :)

jaws365
March 21st, 2007, 16:48
That is fantastic news!

kharaboudjan
March 21st, 2007, 16:58
fantastic to hear! :)

the speed increase is the most important issue right now, and the too limit the FPS to 50 is a very great achivement too!

finally if we could play the adf files with maximum 1-2 Framskips all games would be very very playable, the CE had like 4-5 Framskips on many games like Pinball Dreams & Fantasies..

This and Deadulus is the most important emu for the psp to work smooth (that isnt fully playable yet) So its fantastic that u keep up yor work!!! :)

MANY THANX FROM SWEDEN ;)

noeleyc
March 21st, 2007, 19:10
Cannot wait to see what's in the next release......(come on SWOS on PSP!!!)

whitey75
March 21st, 2007, 19:13
Great news! Can't wait to try out Rodland and Nitro and see how they work. Keep up the good work!

Cheers

whitey75
March 21st, 2007, 19:13
Great news! Can't wait to try out Rodland and Nitro and see how they work. Also I'd love to play Microprose Grand Prix on the PSP.

Keep up the good work!

Cheers

Mr.Modem
March 21st, 2007, 19:23
Great news! Can't wait to try out Rodland and Nitro and see how they work. Keep up the good work!
Cheers

Haha, great another Rodland fan! If you really want to enjoy that game on your PSP you should try out the Atari ST version using CaSTaway. It is essentially the same game (except for the music) as the Amiga version and it plays at full speed :D

Goemon4
March 21st, 2007, 19:41
Awsome! ive been playing an older build of PSPUAE alot lately, cant wait for the next release! Great Job!

Amiga
March 21st, 2007, 20:04
Awsome!!!! :d

IM back!
March 21st, 2007, 20:17
can't waite!!! :D

Baboon
March 21st, 2007, 20:32
Haha, great another Rodland fan! If you really want to enjoy that game on your PSP you should try out the Atari ST version using CaSTaway. It is essentially the same game (except for the music) as the Amiga version and it plays at full speed :D

I also love Rodland and I really hope it will play well on the next pspuae release. :thumbup:

This sounds quite sad but im also hoping that battle chess will play alot better this time round. Although the game was playable I found that when you moved the animation would take forever to do.

Lets hope the next release aint too far away?

:D

Buddy4point0
March 21st, 2007, 20:34
Great keep it up

Veskgar
March 21st, 2007, 22:11
Great update. This is coming along so good.

Another one of those very promising projects.

dark heart
March 21st, 2007, 23:28
i'm a noob with this, i heard that this emulator has space quest and i wanted to try it, i says it can't load the kick start thingy

FOL
March 21st, 2007, 23:45
i'm a noob with this, i heard that this emulator has space quest and i wanted to try it, i says it can't load the kick start thingy

You need a valid Amiga KickStart (BIOS) ROM, you need to find it or transfer it from a real Amiga.

Once you got atleast Kickstart 1.3, you need to rename it to kick13 and place it in the KICKS folder.

mrbob
March 21st, 2007, 23:57
brilliant news, keep up the good work. looking forward to playin the best game ever. SWOS !!!!

dark heart
March 22nd, 2007, 03:42
ok! i got my kickstart, but now there's just a picture of a white hand holding a floppy disk... what now??

oh hang on, something happened! lol :)

ok, i got a backround with lemmings, how do i play my game?

yay space quest!! cya, i'm gonna play dis!

FOL
March 22nd, 2007, 11:40
ok! i got my kickstart, but now there's just a picture of a white hand holding a floppy disk... what now??

oh hang on, something happened! lol :)

ok, i got a backround with lemmings, how do i play my game?

yay space quest!! cya, i'm gonna play dis!

lol, another Space Quest fan, but it will be hard to play, as you need to use the keyboard, :(. The onscreen key is hard to use when playing, games of that nature.

Cloudhunter
March 22nd, 2007, 11:57
Can't wait for it to be released :)

Would it be possible to implement the new pi-key library, aswell as your own onscreen keyboard? I don't have any means to use it yet, but it would allow people to use ir keyboards, and any other devices supported by input plugins released in the future.

Cloudy

Kramer
March 22nd, 2007, 12:10
Great news, I cant wait to play through kings quest on my PSP.