PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft to buy Take-Two?

Shrygue
March 21st, 2007, 18:06
via Xbox 360 Fanboy (http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/)

On Monday, Take-Two announced that it was delaying its annual meeting as a result of major shareholders requesting that CEO Paul Eibeler step down. The company delayed the meeting in order to come up with alternative solutions, with the most likely alternative being to sell the company. A trustworthy source from Rockstar Vancouver has told WorthPlaying that Microsoft may have already put in a bid to purchase the company (or at least expressed interest in doing so). With Take-Two in tow, Microsoft would own Grand Theft Auto, one of the most successful franchises in the industry. While this is a rumor of the highest order, the possibility is certainly intriguing.

Leave feedback via comments.

Elven6
March 21st, 2007, 18:48
Hope so, Take Two is one of the few companys that still make games for the first Xbox, although I own a 360 I hate seeing such a powerfull console get the cold shoulder so early.

briyan
March 21st, 2007, 19:06
i HOPE Microsoft buys Take Two..For me they are home to the best game developers out there..They have the best franchises that in turn will be the most profitable ones. Most specifically the GTA Series, Manhunt, Midnight Club, Bully and who can forget, the 2K Games, NBA 2K7 this year is my most played out game on my 360. This would catapult Microsoft over Sony and Nintendo and would certainly even their footing with giant, Electronic Arts in terms of game franchises. Make it happen Microsoft!

briyan
March 21st, 2007, 19:19
Source: CNN.com http://money.cnn.com/2007/03/19/commentary/column_gaming/index.htm?postversion=2007031911

One company that says it's not in the running is Microsoft. Because today's independent publishers are platform agnostic - that is to say, they build games for all major systems - taking over one would result in a massive revenue loss for Microsoft, as all development would be redirected toward the Xbox 360.

"We could never launch an acquisition bid at a third party publisher," said Shane Kim, corporate vice president of Microsoft (Charts) Game Studios.

so i guess this is not gonna happen..Microsoft can still acquire some of the lesser franchises like 2K Sports, the minds behind NBA 2K7 and the Madden-Killer NFL2K Series. Microsoft needs a good sports game developer making their games and 2K is an excellent candidate in my opinion.

Elven6
March 21st, 2007, 19:40
Source: CNN.com http://money.cnn.com/2007/03/19/commentary/column_gaming/index.htm?postversion=2007031911

One company that says it's not in the running is Microsoft. Because today's independent publishers are platform agnostic - that is to say, they build games for all major systems - taking over one would result in a massive revenue loss for Microsoft, as all development would be redirected toward the Xbox 360.

"We could never launch an acquisition bid at a third party publisher," said Shane Kim, corporate vice president of Microsoft (Charts) Game Studios.

so i guess this is not gonna happen..Microsoft can still acquire some of the lesser franchises like 2K Sports, the minds behind NBA 2K7 and the Madden-Killer NFL2K Series. Microsoft needs a good sports game developer making their games and 2K is an excellent candidate in my opinion.

Mabye Sega could buy their 2K series back!