PDA

View Full Version : Wandria - Tears Of Fate - Update & More Sound Artists Wanted

Zion
March 22nd, 2007, 00:28
via ZionMax (http://zionmax.com)

Il first of all I will start with a update on how development of the game is going.

I have basically put "Dreamchip" on hold indefinatly to work fully on this. So any time i spend coding is on wandria and that has being the case for the last 2 weeks or so now.

The games "Engine" is progressing nicely. This game uses all PSP specific things like GU etc so its being wrote specifically for the PSP platform.

In case you didnt know the game is being coded in "C" not "lua" so the scope and options availible to me are immense.

As for the "Engine", The part that controls "Animation", "Movement", "Collision", "Map/Level Changing" & "Effects" is nearing completion now, with only a few minor things to modify or adjust (just needing a particle engine to finish the effects catagory)

Basically once that part of the engine is complete (Currently 90% done) I can move on to coding the "Character" interaction, which will be very advanced (more details on that later)

After that I can finally start coding the bit im looking forward to doing the most...the "Turn-Based" battle system.

I am planning a lot of special effects and well made system for that too, i have most of it planned already but again i dont want to spoil it by telling you the details as yet.

Now for the request.

I am currently trying to optimise my sound functions and test them to make sure everything is in order, but my sound artist is so swamped with everyday life he isnt as active as i need at this time (he is still on the team just being let do it at his own pace)

So I really need someone who can make/compose original music in midi format (will be converted to xm) so i can test my music functions properly.

Also someone who can make sound effects would be awesome too as the game will need a lot of them.

Rather than last time though, contact me via msn (addy in profile) and show me a sample of your music/sound effects (MUST BE YOUR OWN WORK FROM SCRATCH) and i will decide on adding 2 more sound artists to the team, by judging your work. I think thats the fairest way to do it :)

Heres a Wandria poster to keep you interested :)

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i225/zion_02/wandriaposterfinish.jpg

Buddy4point0
March 22nd, 2007, 00:43
im sure that this game will kick complete and total ass

wolfpack
March 22nd, 2007, 00:48
this will be like the first ever highly rated RPG homebrew thats ORIGINAL

DarthPaul
March 22nd, 2007, 00:50
OMG ! It has a cover!? WTF You Rock!

Bobtentpeg
March 22nd, 2007, 00:51
Sweet, i know a kid who does music composing. I wil point him ur way

gunntims0103
March 22nd, 2007, 01:07
simply stunning, i hope the finish product is of commercial quality, as im sure will be the case for this game.

good work zion :)

Zion
March 22nd, 2007, 01:10
simply stunning, i hope the finish product is of commercial quality, as im sure will be the case for this game.

good work zion :)

Great way to heap the pressure on me :eek:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Only joking man :)

Yeah i have every intention of making this feel like commercial quality, and wont be releasing it until its done ;)

S34MU5
March 22nd, 2007, 01:12
man way to go with everything!

you need any help with the stuff im good at (not sound) just gimme a shout.

cant wait for this!

IM back!
March 22nd, 2007, 01:48
this is shaping up to being the best homebruwe game!

Much antisapated!

Btw zion do you need any help with level desine? (desineneed sory for my bad english)

Zion
March 22nd, 2007, 01:50
this is shaping up to being the best homebruwe game!

Much antisapated!

Btw zion do you need any help with level desine? (desineneed sory for my bad english)

Nope im good thanks :)

I appriciate the offer all the same ;)

gunntims0103
March 22nd, 2007, 01:51
really can't wait to see it Zion. :)

I'v been trying to work on sora's adventure, but with no computer it makes it extreamly difficult. :o, i hope you'll have better luck than i do.

offtopic-
BTW, im taking C courses next school year. Already signed the paper work. :)

back on topic-
Again great release, you have really grown in terms of coding knowledge and such. :D

h4s30
March 22nd, 2007, 02:31
looking at the poster reminds me of lodoss war lol

idapimp
March 22nd, 2007, 02:48
lodooss war was awesome. but back on topic i am a music producer with a recording studio. i am a midi master and can do whatever ya need. not to great with sfx though. at least not in midi format. so yeah. just pm me with the kinda stuff you want.

Kloe
March 22nd, 2007, 03:50
thank you for reviving my interest in homebrew games. I mean not to sound unappreciative of those other homebrew games people have come out with, but the quality hasn't really been anywhere near commercial, but this game seems to be upping the bar for homebrew quality, can't wait to see the finished product.

midaks
March 22nd, 2007, 04:53
What kind of sound effects and music are you currently in need of. Im pretty good at making sound effects as well as background music because i make a lot of flash games.

SpicyTempura
March 22nd, 2007, 06:08
Wow! Poster looks great!

I would very much like to help you guys, preferably on the music. I'm a musician trying to experiment with composing different songs, and I'd like to see what you guys think with what i could come up with.

I'm very inspired by Nobuo Uematsu from the Final Fantasy fame. However, I do not have much experience with midi composition :p . Heck, I'm not very well experienced with music theory yet (although I kind of do know the basics), but I can play the piano and play songs by ear or make stuff up by using a variation of chords.

So hopefully I can be helpful enough. I'll try and familiarize myself with a midi program (maybe Anvil Studio) and see if I can plot what I come up with the piano. At the very least, I could maybe give a sample from a recording directly from the midi keyboard (a la mp3).

Progress sounds great, looks like your working hard! I'll contact you on msn a little later.

yoshinatsu
March 22nd, 2007, 10:03
There's a little mistake in the "n" Japanese katakana character. The name of the game is spelled ワンドリア - チアルズ イン フェイト:)
Also, if you're going to change this mistake in the logo, I suggest you change "Tears in fate" to "Tears In Fate". AH! And the topic says "Tears Of Fate". So how are you gonna name it? "Tears In Fate" or "Tears Of Fate". I personally prefer the second one.

Paiku
March 22nd, 2007, 10:17
There's a little mistake in the "n" Japanese katakana character. The name of the game is spelled ワンドリア - チアルズ イン フェイト:)
Also, if you're going to change this mistake in the logo, I suggest you change "Tears in fate" to "Tears In Fate".

Thanks alot Yoshinatsu, I was really unsecure about how to spell it in katakana, this will be fixed right away.

Thank you! Glad to see japanese people on the forums!:o

edit: And yeah the game was changed to Tears Of Fate I forgot to edit that in the picture, so this will also be fixed now.:)

devdj
March 22nd, 2007, 11:28
this looks cool hope it will be kind of like Atelier Iris:Eternal Mana and Breath of Fire type of games

groovemaster303
March 22nd, 2007, 11:49
I've been looking at doing something different for my next project and composing original music for an adventure/rpg game is something that does appeal to me.

I have worked on numerous other projects including Callisto on the psp, Nanotron, Rael The Redemption (Bor mod) and my most recent work Streets Of Rage Remake

I have no midi works to show you at present but i can show you my music from my original works album

http://www.last.fm/music/Groovemaster303/Original+Works

All the music bar the Bof3 and Sonic remixes are all original compositions by my hand.
Although most tracks are electronica/dance based a couple of tracks which i would recommend you listen to are Mystical Land and the Main Theme from Callisto as these are

Zion
March 22nd, 2007, 14:01
pms sent to the music guys, i hope some of you can get on msn soon ;)

Stone Temple Pilots
March 22nd, 2007, 14:14
OMFG! This is actually looking to be the greatest homebrew game to come out for PSP. Good work dude. When are you predicting it wil come out, cause the hype is killing me.

Zion
March 22nd, 2007, 14:39
OMFG! This is actually looking to be the greatest homebrew game to come out for PSP. Good work dude. When are you predicting it wil come out, cause the hype is killing me.

Well, a game of this size and content takes a while to make as you can imagine.

The soonest i can imagine it been out is around 3 months, could well be more though.

It will be worth the wait though ;)

Gold Line
March 22nd, 2007, 14:44
is zelda Q of link still being worked on?

Zion
March 22nd, 2007, 15:16
is zelda Q of link still being worked on?

Nope its totaly dead.

I am not working on a clone ever again, anything from me in the future will be either a original game or a port

gr42178
March 22nd, 2007, 15:17
This sounds great! Keep up the good work, I will be keeping an eye on this one...:thumbup:

Baboon
March 22nd, 2007, 15:25
The advert/poster for the game looks nice, I hope the in-game graphics and gameplay will now measure up to the hype? ...I’m sure it will. :)

Nope its totaly dead.

I am not working on a clone ever again, anything from me in the future will be either a original game or a port

Probably for the best as many peeps on this site (I think unfairly) crucified you for ripping sprites etc for your previous game. Its great though that you’ve moved on since then and are back to churning out some quality homebrew! :D

Off topic but when did zionmax get resurrected? ...I thought it went like the dodo??

DragonPimpsta
March 22nd, 2007, 17:26
I can compose some stuff, but i cant promise u it'd be good.. I can compose big scores in MP3 or i can convert that score i did to a midi and pick computer instruments that sound simliar or wat not.. Ill try composing something for ya!! Just gimmie a feel you're aiming for and ill make something

Dbgtgoten
March 22nd, 2007, 19:16
Greatly anticipated, can't wait for this game to come out it will be awesome , good luck with all the work in the game =) can't wait

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
March 22nd, 2007, 22:19
This game is going to be the best homebrew game ever made, keep it up Zion. I just sometimes wish i was good at something.............................anywayz good luck !!!!! i'll be cheering for you!!!!!!!!

Buddy4point0
March 22nd, 2007, 22:31
yea i just hope that this game is as good as it seams. every1 else does too. great job man

Understandable
March 22nd, 2007, 23:05
I only have one thing 2 say... please finish this!!! I have yet 2 see a homebrew rpg finished

acn010
March 22nd, 2007, 23:55
omg... im telling you programming in c is way hard to make a game with all the effects.... even me since im coding my metroid game in C.. all my engines are being messed up :(
even worse.. i have to start progressing with my storyline >XI

Buddy4point0
March 23rd, 2007, 01:20
man i was bored so i took your poster and made a box cover. you should have one (mine sucks cause i only had 1 pic but you probably have a bunch). so yea a great game needs a cover.

Zion
March 23rd, 2007, 01:22
Woah looks nice :)

I think you took the fact of me trying to get it commercial quality to literally though :rofl:

haha

SpicyTempura
March 23rd, 2007, 08:02
Oh man, lol, I guess the other link didn't work out well.

Ok, well here's an update. Its an mp3, 18 secs, very small. I added some strings in there too. Hope you like it

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/5/26/37390/wandria.mp3

copy and paste

edit: i also plan to do so much more with it. tell me what you think
edit 2: oh yeah, i wrote it myself using finale and some vst instruments, although, it does seem veryy robotic, so I may have to tweak it a loot.

Panini
March 23rd, 2007, 08:56
The flyer is well drawn.

Are there any actual screenshots of the game yet??

Zion
March 23rd, 2007, 10:54
Oh man, lol, I guess the other link didn't work out well.

Ok, well here's an update. Its an mp3, 18 secs, very small. I added some strings in there too. Hope you like it

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/5/26/37390/wandria.mp3

copy and paste

edit: i also plan to do so much more with it. tell me what you think
edit 2: oh yeah, i wrote it myself using finale and some vst instruments, although, it does seem veryy robotic, so I may have to tweak it a loot.

That would be awesome for the town music :) Really well done :D Get on msn and we can chat further :D

sheng
March 23rd, 2007, 12:15
Hay... do you need any Artist?.... I'm learning programing in uni and love to help out to improve my programing skills.... but I can offer concept and such.....

here's my profile
http://shengart.deviantart.com/

Zion
March 23rd, 2007, 13:00
Hay... do you need any Artist?.... I'm learning programing in uni and love to help out to improve my programing skills.... but I can offer concept and such.....

here's my profile
http://shengart.deviantart.com/

Were alright in both them departments, thanks for the offer though ;)

sheng
March 23rd, 2007, 13:08
kool... ^_^ I wish you guys the best of luck.... looking forward on playing it... ^_^

Buddy4point0
March 23rd, 2007, 13:59
lol yep commertial quality

Maurits Fennis
March 25th, 2007, 22:29
Hi zion,

I'm a Sound Designer with a studio based in London. I write customised signal processing software for real-time sound environments in my studio, using the SuperCollider language. I can make effects on the fly, and can send you samples if you like. is this a non-profit project? or do you have a budget? please email me at [email protected]. look at my site for my projects: http://maurits.fennis.interfaculty.nl/

Buddy4point0
March 26th, 2007, 22:21
Hi zion,

I'm a Sound Designer with a studio based in London. I write customised signal processing software for real-time sound environments in my studio, using the SuperCollider language. I can make effects on the fly, and can send you samples if you like. is this a non-profit project? or do you have a budget? please email me at [email protected]. look at my site for my projects: http://maurits.fennis.interfaculty.nl/

lol its homebrew of corse its non profit

Zion
March 27th, 2007, 01:10
@ Maurits Fennis - sound effects? sounds good

to everyone asking what style of music or effects i want,.....i dont really know lol.

something rpg'y i guess.

any sound guy who hasnt added me on msn yet do so;)

h4s30
March 28th, 2007, 02:32
a beta would be awesome