PDA

View Full Version : Call of Duty 2 - PSP Edition v1.0

wraggster
March 22nd, 2007, 02:40
SG57 (http://www.neoflash.com/forum/index.php/topic,3968.0.html) has posted his entry into the Neoflash Coding Competition:

Well, I wrote up a nicestoryline, controls, objective, etc. but the time i clicked 'submit' my internet was out, and i hadnt copied my entire post

Ok, ill be quick about it.

Screenshots are attachted.

Download is attachted.

Fire - X/R trigger
Reload - []/L trigger
Puase - Start
Screenshot - Select while NOT paused
Return to main menu - Select while paused

highscores arent implemented 100% yet, as theres a bug in my method as of now. Ill update this in a couple of days with a fix.

Now, there are some bugs ive just noticed. Theres a certain place you can look that makes the left 10 pixels of the screen or so not refresh properly. I cant do anything about this as its happened to me in C before as well, soim guessing the graphics library is the problem.

Another is that the time may get f'd up. Im not sure why, as i havent lookd into it fully. Ill fix it in the next release.

Screenshot / Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

scarph
March 22nd, 2007, 03:03
another one backround homebrew game
o well
good enough

factor remix
March 22nd, 2007, 03:04
this is homebrew right?

very nice, I will give it a try...

Continue that nice work man..!!!

siulmagic
March 22nd, 2007, 03:23
great game

DarthPaul
March 22nd, 2007, 03:31
Wow nice graphics.

Buddy4point0
March 22nd, 2007, 04:41
you guys do no its not acually 3D right? just a picture of the gun and a picture of the background. u cant move. and it is really not anything like it appears.

titch.ryan
March 22nd, 2007, 07:30
well the screenshot looks amazing but from these comments i dont know what to think hmm have to try and report back.

ai3gtmc
March 22nd, 2007, 07:33
i dont think its 3D but cool graphics:)

Mc_Logical
March 22nd, 2007, 12:07
dont think its 3D? judging by that pic dude it looks 3D 2me, ima try it, they must of used that Virtools program? i know where to download it, but my comp is to slow to run the program graphics etc.

voorheesda
March 22nd, 2007, 17:14
i really doubt CoD2 graphics could run on the psp.....and i could make "F.E.A.R. PSP EDITION" by only a screenshot :I

Apoklepz
March 22nd, 2007, 17:22
^ Well then...why dont'cha?

Honestly guys...I don't give a shit if it's 3D or not. Just dissing the guy after he spent his time and effort on making this is plain rude, and the scene has seen enough of it, and that's why people have gone away.

For once, just say "Hey, not bad...Do you plan on making it full 3D?...cause that would be sweet...anyways, effort appreciated. Good luck in the Compo."

How hard can that be?

scarph
March 22nd, 2007, 19:00
Nah i think critiquing something thats stupid is good for the community. If it sucks you should tell them it sucks

Chameleon
March 22nd, 2007, 19:03
Look what happened when everybody so critically critiqued DA's work (he almost left us)

pspfreefiles
March 22nd, 2007, 19:09
Call of duty is a great game

IM back!
March 22nd, 2007, 20:09
good work.

dark heart
March 22nd, 2007, 20:54
is it going to be 3d? if it was you'd probably have a better chance of winning.

Cloud_35
March 22nd, 2007, 21:08
That's actually a great idea. I would love to play FEAR on the psp (well, i'd prefer the Wii, but....)

watupgroupie
March 22nd, 2007, 23:32
Oh boy i thought this was coded in C and i was quite impressed because i find it hard to learn that programming language but then i found out its lua. Come on guys lua is quite simple for games like this once you get into games like zions awesome zelda game it starts to get very time consuming. I'm not trying to be rough on anybody here but make a game like this for yourself or share it with some friends but not to the public its really wrecking the lua scene. Make it like a accomplishment and then move onto bigger and better things and then maybe release that. I really wish there was more lua games like breakthrough an inventors tale i played that game for like 2 hours straight because i got hooked on that more than any commercial psp game. I'm probably going to get some bad comments but oh well just thought i'd share my oppionion.

Cloudhunter
March 22nd, 2007, 23:46
Unfortunately it is just 2D... I give him credit though, innovative work :)

Cloudy

Mc_Logical
March 23rd, 2007, 14:18
^ Well then...why dont'cha?

Honestly guys...I don't give a shit if it's 3D or not. Just dissing the guy after he spent his time and effort on making this is plain rude, and the scene has seen enough of it, and that's why people have gone away.

For once, just say "Hey, not bad...Do you plan on making it full 3D?...cause that would be sweet...anyways, effort appreciated. Good luck in the Compo."

How hard can that be? lol if sum1 has an opinion why should they pretend?? its thier judgment, not what ud like to see, all people have diff views u know that so just chill with your drama bullshit lol :rofl: i dont think any1 did cuss this to bad??

Broadus
March 24th, 2007, 00:03
Are you guys all crackheads? I mean, a bunch of guys think it's 3D or that it LOOKS 3D, and others say, "Can you make a fully 3D Call of Duty game?"
Obviously, like many have said before me, it's not 3D. Look at the controls. How could it possibly be 3D? It's a few frozen pictures with a minimum of motion. Now, it's not bad. I mean, if you're going to call it a Call of Duty game, at least put in some teammates. But with such a setup, I guess that'd be impossible, anyway.

pinkflyinsqrrl
March 30th, 2007, 02:30
HOW DO YOU WORK THESE HOMEBREW GAMES AND STUFF ON A PSP i cant get it, or i do nt understand it actually

Markzs008
April 8th, 2007, 13:37
you know when i download a game what folder do i put the game into?i have put it in the game folder but every time i start the game it says game can not be started:(:(
does it mean i have to install an emulator?
which emulator does CoD2 have coz it wont work
i dont know why......
please help in any way

warcraft
April 29th, 2007, 14:18
Do you guy know which version of the psp can run this game? Mine is 2.71 can't play.

carlitx
April 29th, 2007, 15:53
Nah i think critiquing something thats stupid is good for the community. If it sucks you should tell them it sucks

dude u cant just out right say it sucks there is alot of effort put into it so lets c u code something like this or make it better eh?(BURN!) and ways if u are going to critique something make sure u point out both the good and bad points like, <something good><something bad><something good><something bad>. see that way it sounds allot less critical of the person ur judging. but make sure to give encourage ment to the person to make something better like, "now SG57 this game wasnt your best work and I know u can make something better so just keep working on it and ull get it up to snuff where ppl will be pleased to play it. so just get back up on that coding horse and keep at it:D". andd btw i dont got enough space left to play this on the psp lol so ill wait for a lill while and than try it lol:P

cowdawg
April 29th, 2007, 18:01
how do i put it on to the psp so i can play it?

cowdawg
April 29th, 2007, 18:05
How do i make it able to play on the PSP?

carlitx
April 29th, 2007, 18:35
goto the help forum and ask this and do not double post! this is a forum and not an IM ppl will get to u when they get to u!

Theinternet23
July 24th, 2008, 19:36
itz keepz sayin the data is corrupted

discombobulated
July 25th, 2008, 01:06
Why is it called Call of Duty? It's nothing like it. Why do amateur devs do this? They'll name their game after a game that's made by hundreds of people, years to make, thousands of lines of code, and tons of great reviews and name their shitty lua game after it just to get people to download it and waste their time.

It's not a free game. Free as in money but not as in time. The countless people that try a shitty game well make up for the time your average lua coder puts in. Don't waste our time trying shit out like this only to think it's going to be a good game by the title.

spacken001
August 3rd, 2008, 19:10
spaten

grantendo
October 11th, 2008, 21:26
just one other stupid homebrew shooter. sry for being harsh. its just true.

Ktuluger
October 13th, 2008, 18:50
:]

pspp3000
June 15th, 2009, 18:03
it dont work by me i got psp 3000 firmware 5.3 loaded chicken r2

March 15th, 2010, 13:00
hmmmmm cool homebrew game.:thumbup:

ukogtommy
November 22nd, 2010, 23:42
dont work on cfw 5.00 m33-6

factory
January 20th, 2011, 21:01
it^s a kernel 1.5 game but very cool

http://www.neoflash.com/forum/index.php?topic=3968.0

too bad you can not simply write to the programmer

timmyn
July 26th, 2013, 03:45
I always wanted to play F.E.A.R on the psp so you should do that, Thanks!