PDA

View Full Version : PAL PS3 is almost here

lmtlmt
March 22nd, 2007, 09:16
Just 5 hours til ps3 is released in australia:thumbup: although i am not getting it at launch a lot of people are and i wish them the best:thumbup:

jonezybaby
March 22nd, 2007, 11:32
12 hrs 29 mins till out in uk, im gettin mine sumtime 2moz, dunno wat time tho

lmtlmt
March 22nd, 2007, 11:41
awesome man:thumbup:

update 2 hour 15 min till ausie launch

Kramer
March 22nd, 2007, 12:04
Meh a 360 and Wii is all you need for now...

lmtlmt
March 22nd, 2007, 12:18
why would i buy a 360 "and" a wii instead of buying "one" ps3?

Kramer
March 22nd, 2007, 12:19
Why wouldnt you?

scottyboynow
March 22nd, 2007, 13:27
Wiis rule!

gdf
March 22nd, 2007, 13:39
why would i buy a 360 "and" a wii instead of buying "one" ps3?

because they both kick ps3's ass! plus it is two for the price of one, one of which is a dedicated traditional games console and one of which is a fun party machine with zelda, rather than a kind of failed mash up of the two.

Triv1um
March 22nd, 2007, 16:46
Im getting mine tommorow (uk) :D

Then i will have a wii and ps3. Dont want a 360, they suck.

zidanerick
March 22nd, 2007, 16:56
I still dont see why someone would spend $1000 + Games + Accessories on something that will likely be discontinued in 2 years

quzar
March 22nd, 2007, 17:22
Sweet, now you can throw away your PS2. Oh, wait...

Hawq
March 22nd, 2007, 18:31
I look forward to the local papers possibly having a bit on the queues in front of the local gamestation which is opening at mdnight for it, game by contrast isnt they are going to open at 7 for those that preordered and supply coffee & bacon butties (considering how few are most likely at the store that seems like little compensation for crushed fanboy dreams due to stock shortage to me) while opening at 9 for anyone that hasnt preordered (read has no interest in getting one at this time)

Gold Line
March 22nd, 2007, 19:39
because they both kick ps3's ass! plus it is two for the price of one, one of which is a dedicated traditional games console and one of which is a fun party machine with zelda, rather than a kind of failed mash up of the two.

not only can you buy a 360 and a wii but you might be able to buy a ds too:thumbup:

gdf
March 22nd, 2007, 20:56
exactly, what's the point? how can someone say 360 sucks when so far it has FAR superior games(gears anyone?) and many ps3 "exclusives" are moving over anyway. if ffxiii moves to 360 the only ps3 game i actually care about that isn't on 360 (yet!;)) is mgs4...

SSaxdude
March 22nd, 2007, 21:20
I laugh because Sony hates Europe. They delayed the launch day almost half a year compared to the rest of the world. They took the Emotion engine out because it would save them $25 per console. They haven't really given PS3 owners anything great other than Resistance (and Sony fanboys are now telling me it's getting boring.)

Whatever, I'm fine with my Xbox 360 and Wii.

S34MU5
March 22nd, 2007, 23:52
all consoles are piss.

PC games FTW

Gold Line
March 23rd, 2007, 01:40
with ps3 games on 360 and the great nintendo games on wii why the hell get a ps3

lmtlmt
March 23rd, 2007, 05:40
because ps3 is fuucking awesome, wii's are nt that great people cant you see that. ps3 is far superior than wii and to quzar actuallyt i cna sell my ps2 now because i checked on the site and all my ps2 games work with the 3 box rating.

i dont care what anyone says ps3 is going to win the next gen war end of story.

quzar
March 23rd, 2007, 06:52
ps3 is far superior than wii and to quzar actuallyt i cna sell my ps2 now because i checked on the site and all my ps2 games work with the 3 box rating.

First off, you'll need if you've seen how ridiculously expensive it's gonna be down under.

On top of that, we still have no idea what 3 boxes means.

zidanerick
March 23rd, 2007, 07:40
i dont care what anyone says ps3 is going to win the next gen war end of story.

Who are you and what have you done with lmtlmt? I thought you were in touch with current trends etc.. and i can tell you now that if FFXIII gets ported to the 360 also then i would be trading in your PS3 ASAP cos its gonna be going the way of the SEGA.

lmtlmt
March 23rd, 2007, 09:11
First off, you'll need if you've seen how ridiculously expensive it's gonna be down under.

On top of that, we still have no idea what 3 boxes means.

i probably will keep my ps2 anyway cause it is modded and i know how expensive the ps3 is in down under the cheapest i have seen it is $949.95(which is still pretty expensive but hey i want it so i dont care:p )

i thought that 3 boxes ment no problems playing, 2 ment minor but hardly noticeable problem and 1 ment noticable problem?

zidanerick i understand where your coming from but i am going to stick by my ps3 til the end throught thick and thin we can overcome our odds:p

zidanerick
March 23rd, 2007, 09:24
zidanerick i understand where your coming from but i am going to stick by my ps3 til the end throught thick and thin we can overcome our odds:p

Fair enough, but just remember ill be first in line to tell you "I told you so" :P

quzar
March 23rd, 2007, 09:37
i thought that 3 boxes ment no problems playing, 2 ment minor but hardly noticeable problem and 1 ment noticable problem?

my point was that we still don't know what that REALLY means. For all we know they give highest ratings even if everything looks blue because it doesn't affect play =P. The thing says specifically to not use 60hz mode (there goes your nicer HD), not to use network mode on anything (not that many ps2 games had it), and to skip by cutscenes (which make up so much of those lovely PS2 games).

I guess you could ask some italians since they broke the release date and are the first ones to have these stripped down PS3s.

lmtlmt
March 23rd, 2007, 10:15
damn italians ....breaking all the rules... :p

gdf
March 23rd, 2007, 13:17
anyway, what exactly makes the ps3 "so fuucking awesome"? 360 has exclusives + most good ps3 games and is much cheaper, has a better network infrastructure and less forced unnecessary extras.