PDA

View Full Version : HDfury: Convert any HDMI/VDI signal to RGB for 1080p display!

wraggster
March 22nd, 2007, 17:49
New from Divineo China (http://www.divineo.cn/php/affstart.php?affcode=arboretum&prod=vid-hdf)

http://www.divineo.cn/divineo/images/products/vid-hdf.jpg

SPREAD THE WORD

http://digg.com/gadgets/HDfury_HDMI_to_RGB_converter

HDfury - HDMI to RGB converter

HDfury is a revolutionnary product that allows you to use in full resolution (1080p) any HDMI/DVI device on PC monitor, video projector or older HDTV/Plasma that are without a HDMI entry!

If you own a high quality monitor/projector/tv that does not have a HDMI connector you need this device, it will save you from buying a new expensive screen to enjoy 1080p resolution when your screen can already support it!

What is HDfury ?
HDfury is a tiny external addon card/adapter that you can hook up on any RGB display through its SUB-D HD15 Female Input.
Once screwed, it becomes a "part of the display" itself and will permanently perform an outstanding HDCP modification. Therefor, you can connect any HDMI source in Full HD 1080p to your now "enhanced" display hooked up with HDfury module !

Why do i need HD(720p) or Full HD(1080p) ?
Well, you don't need it. But you may want it !
HD-DVD players, Blu-Ray players, HDMI graphic card, PS3, all of them are able to unleash their true potential (720p/1080p mode) only through HDMI output.
If you want a valid ticket for the Full HD world you either need a compatible display(with HDMI input) or a solution for your existing display.

Why do i need a HDCP compliant display ?
HDMI is a new standard that comes with hardware protection called HDCP.
If your display don't have a HDMI input you won't be able to display 720p/1080p signal on it (from HDMI sources)
Prior to exchange Data Video, HDMI source is exchanging keys with HDMI display.
Both have a special HDCP chip embedded. If your display doesn't have it, even if it's technically able to display 720p or 1080p signal, it will display a BLACK SCREEN.
On Playstation3, 1080p mode is only available through HDMI output !

What can i do if my display is not HDCP compliant ?
You can buy a new display with HDMI input or use a HDCP stripper/converter box
They will extend video link to a "man-in-the-middle" device which will remove HDCP protection and output Analog RGB
Some issues with those HDCP stripper/converter box are the following:
- They need extra wires, such as Power Supply, extra analog cable.
- Most of the time, switchs or settings need to be tweaked.
- Quality is limited and restricted because of longer analog link (need of VGA analog cable)
- They are not compliant to HDCP rules as they allow easy acces to decrypted analog video.

What are the advantages of using HDfury ?
HDfury is the world first device that you can directly screw on your display.
Unlike HDCP stripper solution on the market HDfury is compliant to HDCP rules it does not allow and end-user easy access to analog decrypted signal.
Shortest Analog Link as possible also ensure Highest Video Quality as possible !
Alu and Gold platted materials,
It can be used and sold legally to transform any RGB display into a HDCP compliant display.
It does not require external power supply to operate

DarthPaul
March 22nd, 2007, 17:55
O.O I don't know exactly what the hell is this but wow. Sounds great.

Chameleon
March 22nd, 2007, 18:02
So how much is this converter?

werpu
March 22nd, 2007, 18:05
Well depends if it not just sounds great, there still is a thing called hdcp, hd copy protection, currently it is not enabled, but move players are required to encrypt hd signals if the cp flag is turned on on the hd-dvd/blue ray disk, sure devices can bypass that, but I am not sure if this thing does it.

Tetris999
March 22nd, 2007, 18:34
so what does this exactly do? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Bobtentpeg
March 22nd, 2007, 19:13
SO basically it allows u to hook up to non compatible connectors

Apoklepz
March 22nd, 2007, 19:37
lol. My cousin is gonna be so pissed...this could've saved him from selling his plasma and having to fork out an extra $1,200 to get a brand new HMI one for his recently acquired OOOOOHHH...PS3, with AAAAAAHHH....Blu-Ray technology.

He's a rich bitch who's always bragging about his shit...so I'm glad :D

But then again, this is good to know...cause now I know I can get this whenever I think of upgrading me consoles/entertainment center...I'm still pretty comfy with my old SONY NTSC TV Monitor, PS2 and Gamecube...Couldn't be happier.

IM back!
March 22nd, 2007, 20:26
wats the use?

Emeriastone
March 22nd, 2007, 22:08
wats the use?

To plug in your console to your PC monitor or other monitor that you wouldn't be able to other wise.

If it's HD, you wont get HD on your PC monitor unless it supports HD, but if you have a really nice Widescreen LCD monitor (like mine, 19 inch widescreen, decent!) Then your game will look really crip and nice and you won't have to fork out the 1 - 2 thousand USD price for an HDTV. This is apposed to using a TV - capture card or something similar to display your console on your monitor, those usually have a slight delay time and look REALLY crappy, I know I have one.

Of course, if your monitor already has a DVI port, this is useless, just go buy a HDMI - DVI cables, like this one (http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.jdr.com/interact/..%255Cimages%255Cproducts%255CC%255Ccbl-hdmi-dvi.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.jdr.com/interact/item.asp%3Fitemno%3Dgr-hdmi&h=300&w=450&sz=38&hl=en&start=3&um=1&tbnid=ubo_iScvz_tt5M:&tbnh=85&tbnw=127&prev=/images%3Fq%3DDVI%2Bcables%26svnum%3D10%26um%3D1%26 hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26sa%3DN)

This-a-nice! I would love to see the price please and when I can get one!!

vzmr82
March 22nd, 2007, 22:15
I do want it. :) Today...

Where do I get it in Europe? :eek:

ish420ism
March 23rd, 2007, 18:34
Now this is too tight, normal dvd's look great on 1080p. I want one to finally use the hdmi port on my dvd player , not hddvd, and maybe when i deicied to go next gen, forget forking over $1500 usd on a TV. I'll use that to buy a ps3 and a wii. NICE

Method Man
March 24th, 2007, 15:21
looks nice, but how much costs it and is the grafic-looking of a game changeing to a better one? i dont think so...

dirtyfork
March 24th, 2007, 15:51
Hi, i have a g5 apple tower with a 23" cinema display that is hd ready, does anyone know how to connect a gamecube to this display, since finding out that homebrew can run on a gamecube i am going to dig it out of from under the bed. I think the display has a DVI conector on it. Can anyone give me a helping hand. Thanks

cybershop
March 31st, 2007, 17:40
the hd fury will retail at approximately 99 euros & 149 euros for deluxe version.

F9zDark
April 27th, 2007, 07:39
The reason for this card:

-Plug in your HD capable devices into a PC monitor that doesn't support HDCP

-Plug in your HD capable devices into an old HDTV that was made prior to the HDCP standard.

cybershop
May 22nd, 2007, 15:50
HDfury is available in 3 editions:

RETAIL PRICE: £ 89 / 129 Euros / USD 175
(£79 on www.cybershop.ltd.uk)

(HDfury Module is the same in all editions, only the supplied cable is different, therefore anyone who needs the module only can use any version)

Cable is ALWAYS optional, for example VGA Xtender is supplied in case your display has a tiny space and a backpanel, you may need to use the VGA xtender so your back panel can fit back correctly.

BLUE : Standard Edition (RGB/VGA display with SUB-D HD15 FEMALE input)
HDfury & VGA > VGA Xtender (10-15cm) [SUB-D HD15 FEMALE/MALE]

GREEN : Marquee/NEC Edition (5x BNC FEMALE input display)
HDfury & VGA > 5x BNC Xtender (10-15cm) [SUB-D HD15 FEMALE/5x BNC MALE]

RED : Barco Edition (DB9p FEMALE input display)
HDfury & VGA > DB9p Xtender (10-15cm) [SUB D HD15 FEMALE/DB9p MALE]

As many Barco owners already have a source connected to their 5x BNC input, we made a special BARCO edition with a DB9p cable that you can hook up on Port3 of your Barco proj.

However the Green edition is also suitable for Barco (on port 5) and any others display with 5x BNC input (for ex: some high end PC monitor have 5x BNC input)

The Blue Edition is the most common and standard for HDTV, LCD, CRT, PC screen, any display with a SUB-D HD15 FEMALE input.

As a bonus, you may like to hear about some of the unveiled features:

HDfury has a +5v input (ONLY needed if your HDMI cable is over 10 meters !)
EDID detective feature: HDfury EDID eprom can be reprogrammed by your computer through it's Graphic Card ! (This feature is reserved to professionals)

May 22nd, 2007, 16:03
The reason for this card:

-Plug in your HD capable devices into a PC monitor that doesn't support HDCP

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's the job of a HDCP stripper, not this

cybershop
May 22nd, 2007, 18:37
that works also but the hdfury is hdcp compliant, is plug & play & does not need external power.