PDA

View Full Version : Remote Play not enhanced in latest firmware?

Shrygue
March 22nd, 2007, 19:03
via PSP Fanboy (http://www.pspfanboy.com/2007/03/22/remote-play-not-enhanced-in-latest-firmware/)

We were told to expect Advanced Remote Play functionality in today's big PS3 update (version 1.6). Looks like we were played the fool: you will not be able to access your PS3's content from any wi-fi point: once again, you must be in wireless range of your PS3. Until they correct this, the Remote Play functionality loses a lot of its purpose: what's the point of being tethered so close to the system?

There are some improvements made in this firmware revision, but they are very subtle. You'll be able to easily register a PSP for Remote Play use by accessing Remote Play from System Settings on PS3. Also, you'll be able to connect a wi-fi bridge to 20GB PS3s, allowing them to interface with PSP like the 60GB versions do.

While these incremental advances are appreciated, it's disappointing nonetheless to see Sony back down on a promised feature. We're expecting Advanced Remote Play to work, eventually. The question is: when?

F9zDark
March 22nd, 2007, 20:16
Damn that sucks! Well its for the best anyway I suppose, I didn't want to update, but being able to access my media anywhere in the world is such a grand feature that I'd probably have updated for it.

dmac
March 23rd, 2007, 01:11
So if I am using a PSP 3.10 OE-A' and hook it up to Remote Play use by accessing Remote Play from System Settings on PS3, will it detect that I am on a non-sony firmware?

F9zDark
March 23rd, 2007, 02:22
So if I am using a PSP 3.10 OE-A' and hook it up to Remote Play use by accessing Remote Play from System Settings on PS3, will it detect that I am on a non-sony firmware?

No it works fine.

DPyro
March 23rd, 2007, 02:43
Thats interesting. Maybe they'll release it in the next update.