PDA

View Full Version : PSP vs. Wii: An Alien Syndrome graphics battle

wraggster
March 22nd, 2007, 19:42
via seganerds (http://www.seganerds.com/2007/03/21/psp-vs-wii-an-alien-syndrome-graphics-battle/)

Ya know, Nintendo has always said it’s not aiming to have the best graphics in the home console business, but I never thought I’d see the day when a handheld rivaled the Wii’s graphic’s capabilities.

The game in question is Alien Syndrome, which is developed by Totally Games. I don’t think there’s any question the Wii version pushes more polygons, but the PSP’s textures look cleaner and more crisp.

However, I do want to say this problem could have more to do with the developer and the fact the games are still unfinished. But whatever way you slice it, it’s hard to argue that the games don’t look pretty similar, graphically speaking.

Screens Via Comments - Judge for Yourself

Demolition49
March 22nd, 2007, 20:04
yeah developers really not putting any effort in to pushing graphics on wii, and its easily capable of more... look at galaxy... i hope developers start trying some more.

HotDogMan960
March 22nd, 2007, 20:18
ouch...they certainly did rush the wii version...still, Wii takes the cake ^-^

johnhummel
March 22nd, 2007, 20:49
Looks like they're just throwing the same graphics for the PSP onto the Wii and calling it done. Too bad - I was looking forward to this game. I might still, but they could spend an extra week or two upgrading the look.

-Xandu-
March 22nd, 2007, 20:54
Who said this game uses the Wii to the max?
It's about the way they do it, don't judge by a game.

Although, I think that all early games aren't as good as late games.

Look at the PSP, at first they had bad games, not cool graphics, now look at GTA:VCS and Burnout Dominator!

jolidesignuk
March 22nd, 2007, 21:58
The two 'PSP' screen shots are production screen shots. The can be found for both versions of the game, wii or psp. They've been around for ages.

The two wii shots actually contain health bars etc, so they probably are genuine in game shots.

I own both a wii and psp, admittedly the wii isn't that powerful, at least not compared to the 360. But i'm sure it'll outshine the psp version in the end.

Besides, you put anything on a 4.3" screen and it's bound to look half decent :D

blackbeard269
March 23rd, 2007, 20:04
I can get over the lack of games for the Wii. It's been out for a while now and all they can come up with is old school console games downloads at $5-10 a pop. Come on now this is supposed to be the Next Gen off console. Wii is heading to the grave of console wanna bees. I have writing better code for the commodore 64c. lol go figure

Blackbeard269

Live: GiGGiT

-Xandu-
March 23rd, 2007, 20:44
I can get over the lack of games for the Wii. It's been out for a while now and all they can come up with is old school console games downloads at $5-10 a pop. Come on now this is supposed to be the Next Gen off console. Wii is heading to the grave of console wanna bees. I have writing better code for the commodore 64c. lol go figure

Blackbeard269

Live: GiGGiT

Nonsence,

Look at the PS3 or the Xbox 360 when it first came out. The PS3 lacks games now,any console (whatever it is) lack good games at its launch. You should wait till they release the good games like Mario Galaxy or Super Smash Brawl..