PDA

View Full Version : Beup Live 0.3d Fixed - MSN for DS

wraggster
March 23rd, 2007, 00:47
HtheB (http://www.neoflash.com/forum/index.php/topic,3957.0.html) has posted a fixed Version of his entry in the Neoflash Comp.

http://area-ds.com/htheb/Beup/screenshot.png

This is a MSN Messenger Client for the NDS.

It now supports DLDI
and works with the newest DS Lite's

Download the BeupFolders.rar and extract it in the root of your card.

Dont forget to patch it with DLDI!

EDIT:
It works on the neoflash.. so why not buying a Neoflash?

EDIT2:
It works now with the M3 Simply, R4DS and the MMD.

Remember... I can't submit this file to the Compo because it's after the deathline.. hehe
so

Known bug at the "fixed beup": The time is incorrect! Will fix this later.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

jester13
March 23rd, 2007, 01:09
Do you still need the BEUP folder in the root of your card?

sundayx
March 23rd, 2007, 01:31
this is nice, finally working on my newer DS. as a new beup user, couple questions

1 custom avatar doesnt work? already png, in the folder
2 does the contacts scroll bar not act as a scroll bar?
3 do folders (groups) contract and expand?

thanks

jester13
March 23rd, 2007, 02:23
It certainly does work on M3 Simply. only problems I see so far is some graphical glitches and the clock resets to zero. It doesnt go to 00:00:00 in the DS though

Wezwee
March 23rd, 2007, 02:43
Avatars work, you need them 96x96
I had to mess with different PNG outputs for photoshop... in the end i gave in and tried JPG and they worked. (can be BMP aswell I think?)

as for the scroll bar.. its technically just a 'tap' bar. Tap it to go up & down.

Nice work HtheB (*cough* you should remove the Neoflash logo seeing as its not being entered into the compo :D)

Will you be updating this further? ie. beup 0.4? :)

sundayx
March 23rd, 2007, 03:13
hmm none avatar settings works for me, png bmp jpg, ive read that FAT systems are not yet supported before? has this been the issue in this update?

I hope future revisions sees an actual scroll bar, cause taking a while to go up and down the list

I can confirm the 00:00 bug, and the graphic glitches.

The signout icon seems too close to tapping scrolling up, accidents happen.

duelistXmist
March 23rd, 2007, 03:17
YES it finally saves my email!! :D :D :D :D :thumbup: :thumbup:

If your Avatars aren't working by resizing to 96 x 96, just wait i'am gonna make a tut on youtube, and post the URL here

Wezwee
March 23rd, 2007, 03:36
you dont need to tap exactly at the top of the scroll bar, aslong as its on the upper half of it, it will go up, the bottom half will go down.

You need the avatars to be in the Avatar directory of BEUP and you need to have DLDI patched beup.
(note: I'm using R4DS)

Try interlaced PNGs?

sundayx
March 23rd, 2007, 03:52
interlaced png seems to be reconized by beup, but it doesnt display the image correctly

duelistXmist
March 23rd, 2007, 04:16
Here the tut guys, might not work yet, seeing how i recently uploaded it but it should work later :p enjoy:thumbup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZXukVksRKg

keyspacer
March 23rd, 2007, 04:43
wow I wish I used msn instead of AIM so this would be more useful to me. DSaim doesn't work with my DSlite/ m3 simply combination

sundayx
March 23rd, 2007, 06:49
Here the tut guys, might not work yet, seeing how i recently uploaded it but it should work later :p enjoy:thumbup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZXukVksRKg
the video doesnt seem to be working even after a long while

souLLy
March 23rd, 2007, 07:33
works fine for me now, awesome work HtheB

HtheB
March 23rd, 2007, 08:24
works fine for me now, awesome work HtheB

Thank you :)

And to all other people for their reactions! ^^

Soon... More fixes guys :thumbup:

sundayx
March 23rd, 2007, 08:38
I have managed a solution to my avatar problem, and might be helpful to share it to those in need of help (or is it just me)

These settings worked for me, using Photoshop: 24bit PNG, not interlaced and no transparency

HtheB
March 23rd, 2007, 12:51
I have managed a solution to my avatar problem, and might be helpful to share it to those in need of help (or is it just me)

These settings worked for me, using Photoshop: 24bit PNG, not interlaced and no transparency

Should be fine if you save a .png file on MS Paint too..
but just remember the resolution size 96x96 :)

linkenski
March 23rd, 2007, 13:20
now what can i do in the keyboard folder? can i customize it? and if i can... then how?

x999x
March 23rd, 2007, 14:38
Everything runs fine until I connect, it says it can't connect to SSL and retries, but it just loops endlessly :(

ForeverKeo
March 23rd, 2007, 14:54
Thanks HtheB! The new version is working on my MMD and just having the avatars is a real nice touch. Can't wait for the versions to come.

falcon212
March 23rd, 2007, 16:25
GReat !!! thanks a bunch HteheB !!

Confirmed !
- connecting to server pretty fast, no more handshaking :D
- working on R4DS !
- save email and password working !
- display pic and smilies working !

glitches
- clock on upper screen
- glitch graphic on upper screen (line)

smicer07
March 23rd, 2007, 17:57
Smilies don't seem to be working for me? Anyone know why? :confused:

Goner
March 23rd, 2007, 19:54
Anybody tried to send a drawing ?? that's the only thing that didn't work here ... everything else is there ; avatar, smilies, colored text ...

smicer07
March 23rd, 2007, 21:02
My drawing works, my smileys don't! Swap ya!

Goner
March 24th, 2007, 14:54
Correction ; sending drawings works, but not to all versions of MSN Messnger it seems ?!

Lite-Black
March 30th, 2007, 21:03
What exactly is this? and what do you need for it to work?

Falct
April 27th, 2007, 23:31
Everything runs fine until I connect, it says it can't connect to SSL and retries, but it just loops endlessly :(

I am having the exact same problem.

DanTheManMS
April 28th, 2007, 00:02
Check the post at http://forum.gbadev.org/viewtopic.php?t=13030&start=15 that has an updated version that should work temporarily.

Mario Bro
July 20th, 2007, 21:36
Hey im havin kinda of a problem:
On Beup, Win2ds, and Nds mail, each time it says cannot connect right after is says somethin about "acquirin info from DHCP" i dont noe whats goin on, canb some1 help me?`

Edit:
Ok i got it workin but now theres some other problem :( its somethin about an ssl thing it says SSL CONNETCION FAILED. help?

umbrellaax
October 13th, 2008, 06:50
what do you mean by patch it with DLDI ?
sorry .. im so noob when it comes to these things xD

nickinatorz
November 23rd, 2008, 19:31
HtheB (http://www.neoflash.com/forum/index.php/topic,3957.0.html) has posted a fixed Version of his entry in the Neoflash Comp.

http://area-ds.com/htheb/Beup/screenshot.png

This is a MSN Messenger Client for the NDS.

It now supports DLDI
and works with the newest DS Lite's

Download the BeupFolders.rar and extract it in the root of your card.

Dont forget to patch it with DLDI!

EDIT:
It works on the neoflash.. so why not buying a Neoflash?

EDIT2:
It works now with the M3 Simply, R4DS and the MMD.

Remember... I can't submit this file to the Compo because it's after the deathline.. hehe
so

Known bug at the "fixed beup": The time is incorrect! Will fix this later.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments
Where can i get the Beupfolders.rar plz mail me at : [email protected]
THNX

carlitx
November 23rd, 2008, 20:06
ok noobs who love to bump old crap. this is old for one and the creator needs to update it b/c the MSN server IP has changed. therefore rendering this and all other versions USELESS!

TeenChristian
December 31st, 2008, 02:06
hi i've been doing alot of looking and i still can't find a way to get beup to work on my R4 card. I have a origonal ds. Does that affect it? If not then what is wrong. Here is my problem: When I get after i try to connect i get the ssl error (or something like that) PLease give me instructions on what to do.

Ty in advance!

issy_m
February 14th, 2009, 13:58
im having the same problem as a few others, i get as far as authneticating... and then it says SSL connect failed. authentication failed.

ChaoticanarchyX
February 17th, 2009, 22:17
We really need to round up all the b-up stuff into one post and put in big letters
DEAD
NOT WORKING
Send all complaints to HtotheB.......