PDA

View Full Version : NDS: DSOrganize 2.7 Alpha released with Web Browser functionality!

DanTheManMS
March 23rd, 2007, 02:35
New release from DragonMinded (http://www.dragonminded.com). Aside from the web browsers ported for DSLinux, this marks the first homebrew web browser that has the ability to actually go online. DragonMinded has stated that this is just an alpha version to keep us busy until he adds more features.

SPREAD THIS NEWS

http://digg.com/gaming_news/Screenshots_of_Working_Free_DS_Browser

From His blog (http://dragonminded.blogspot.com/):

Well, most of you have seen
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAcfI_-kduM. You know what's in this release. This is a very dirty release, so use it at your own risk. The only files provided are the updated executable and a fixed resource0.bin. You must have the install files from 2.6 or 2.61 to use this, or unexpected things may happen. Grab the alpha from my site here. Enjoy the first working homebrew browser for the Nintendo DS!

What works:
- Normal HTML rendering
- Clicking links
- Server redirects
- Forward/Back history
- Basic caching

What doesn't:
- Cookies
- Forms
- Images
- Meta Tags
- Javascript and CSS

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Junixx
March 23rd, 2007, 02:47
Sweet I'm downloading as we speak

:Edit:

Works pretty nice, hope to see Javascript and CSS later :D then images..or maybe...oh heck i dunno

TeenDev
March 23rd, 2007, 03:06
i wish my GBAMPv2 would hurry up

DarkSpine
March 23rd, 2007, 10:58
Lol This works so freakin' amazing. The Funny thing is, all these Projects running around trying to make a ds homebrew browser, with all kinds of release dates and promisies and wtf, and then our dragonminded just pops up and goes, HEY! Browser! Fetch! and leaves, haha So damn funny, and so damn good! Keep up the work, ure one of the best ^^

The Hombrew Hunter
March 23rd, 2007, 11:19
Aww, how sweet...

Okiwi, and now DSOrganize...

RIGHT WHEN MY F*CKING M3 CF'S SRAM ISN'T CONNECTING (Dissappearing Icons) AND DLDI DOESN'T WORK WITH THE CF VERSION.

I shoulda bought the supercard...

Maybe now, if I can get an M3 Refund.

lolmasta
March 23rd, 2007, 12:26
So, it does support DLDI.

falcon212
March 23rd, 2007, 13:54
Yeah ! working great with R4DS ! thanks !

can't wait for image support and java script :D

Dsorganize beat Okiwi LOL

Junixx
March 23rd, 2007, 14:39
Aww, how sweet...

Okiwi, and now DSOrganize...

RIGHT WHEN MY F*CKING M3 CF'S SRAM ISN'T CONNECTING (Dissappearing Icons) AND DLDI DOESN'T WORK WITH THE CF VERSION.

I shoulda bought the supercard...

Maybe now, if I can get an M3 Refund.

Try using the GBAMP CF DLDI, and that sucks >.<

Spitfire128
March 23rd, 2007, 14:42
Maybe it's a stupid question, (my first time using an online homebrew game/program) but can I actually go online using the Nintendo WiFi USB Connector? It's doesn't get past "associating...".

Kalli
March 23rd, 2007, 15:06
Maybe it's a stupid question, (my first time using an online homebrew game/program) but can I actually go online using the Nintendo WiFi USB Connector? It's doesn't get past "associating...".

Yes, it is possible, but you need cracked buffalo drivers and ASUS utilities. More information http://forum.gbadev.org/viewtopic.php?t=7564&start=0

DanTheManMS
March 23rd, 2007, 15:07
You'd have to use modified drivers to turn the USB Wifi connector into a SoftAP. I'm not really sure how to do this, but I know it's possible somehow.

Joel92
March 23rd, 2007, 15:29
this is amazing!! Runs perfectly... my only regret is that it doesnt support forms, so no google :(. But, who am i to complain? ITS A FREE WEB BROWSER TAHT DOESNT TAKE NETWORKING SKILLS TO USE!

you are officialy a god now dragonminded!

Jan-H
March 23rd, 2007, 16:25
It's very good. I hope it can show pictures in next version.

wraggster
March 23rd, 2007, 16:31
can someone upload some screens in jpeg format so i can stick them on the DS site and really promote the release :)

WermerSkoch
March 23rd, 2007, 16:40
Umm, all that I get when I start up the web browser is "failed to connect.." I'm sure it's because I need to configure my network settings and all that, but I can't find any network settings anywhere... am I missing something? Thanks

Tripsk8er333
March 23rd, 2007, 17:09
can someone upload some screens in jpeg format so i can stick them on the DS site and really promote the release :)

If the pictures are in j-peg format will we be able to view them on Dsorg 2.7 Web browser? or do we have to wait for the next release? I hope we can get Flash Games to Run on this, If it is possible, That would make this my favorite homebrew app. :thumbup: I hope to see futher development in this program.

This totally beats Okwiki, LOL :)

Kasimir2007
March 23rd, 2007, 17:34
great jobbbbbb !

thank youuuuuuu !

You are the king !

You are the best !

:thumbup:

msnguy
March 23rd, 2007, 18:17
I swear, this webbrowser owned! I hope a picturesupport and formsupport soon. Mysql does'nt work either?

Kraton
March 23rd, 2007, 18:20
Nice. Im really waiting for for picturesupport :)

Browser is incredible fast :O

smicer07
March 23rd, 2007, 18:31
Does this work with the M3 Simply? It says my card isn't compatible with Chism's file or something?:confused:

Tegamal
March 23rd, 2007, 19:19
I installed this on my M3 Simply, & it made a new DS Organize folder with a bunch of folders with symbols as names & they could not be deleted. It also said the folder size was over 32 gigs, & on a 2 gig MicroSD card, I find that... odd.

I had to backup my .sav files & re-format the card to remove this.

kcajblue
March 23rd, 2007, 20:03
cool. so many releases of internet browsers.
ill have to try this later though.

jma790
March 23rd, 2007, 21:25
You know, this was created in less than a week, so give him some time for putting out an stable release

Jeremysr
March 23rd, 2007, 22:41
Nothing works on the browser for me, I can't visit any sites.

But here is how you can use Google:

google.com/search?q=Your+Text+Goes+Here

So after the "q=" just type what you want to search for, and instead of spaces use + signs.

henchturk
March 23rd, 2007, 23:02
google worked for me, but nothing else. (e.g. DS fanboy)

[FFM]-AC/DC
March 24th, 2007, 00:10
Everything seemed to work fine on my R4, no odd folders showed up for me.

DanTheManMS
March 24th, 2007, 00:33
My camera sucks, so these were the best images I was able to get, the first one just being a screenshot.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v41/danthemanms/DSO_web.png
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v41/danthemanms/SD530607.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v41/danthemanms/SD530610.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v41/danthemanms/SD530614.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v41/danthemanms/SD530612.jpg

Tegamal
March 24th, 2007, 01:47
Hey, AC/DC, bout time you joined us!

I got the browser to work, but it reinstalled that second folder on there again.

Do you guys just put the DS Organize folder in the root of your card or in a subdirectory?

toymin80r
March 24th, 2007, 02:07
I placed it in the root directory, but i cant seem to get passed "Associating" when i try to use the browser, it just says it fails to connect. Does anyone know why?

kurtless
March 24th, 2007, 02:37
So How can I see what connections I can connect with?Like for Beup,ya know?

sundayx
March 24th, 2007, 05:03
it is working perfectly, but wont be my browser anytime soon, needs features such as search, bookmarks so i dont have to type links everytime, that would be my priority

jonboy25
March 24th, 2007, 07:36
Works great for me but I had to patch first. M3 SD Version. Anyone got links to TEXT only sites.

Tegamal
March 24th, 2007, 12:37
I got it to work properly, just moved everything to the root of the card.

I really wish we could use subdirectories, I love having everything organized.

galfn
March 24th, 2007, 16:05

I have the same problem. And I use wifi access point.

runningmacandhackin
March 25th, 2007, 05:15
Lol This works so freakin' amazing. The Funny thing is, all these Projects running around trying to make a ds homebrew browser, with all kinds of release dates and promisies and wtf, and then our dragonminded just pops up and goes, HEY! Browser! Fetch! and leaves, haha So damn funny, and so damn good! Keep up the work, ure one of the best ^^

Ok face it until this works (and looks) alot better im sry to stay im sticking with Okiwi (when it will actuly go on the web) cuz it supports pics, javascript, has insain interface,and a crud load more...so ill use this until i get my hands on an onlive ver of Okwiw but then bye bye. (again sry to say.:(

DanTheManMS
March 25th, 2007, 05:45
The problem with your theory is that Okiwi hasn't been released yet. The fact that the DSO browser exists, and works somewhat, is what prompted DarkSpine's comment. Is it as good as the browsers in DSLinux? No. Is it as good as Okiwi and Gnirfleo claim theirs will be? Of course not. But does it exist in a tangible form at this time? Yes.

Tegamal
March 25th, 2007, 13:17
The problem with your theory is that Okiwi hasn't been released yet. The fact that the DSO browser exists, and works somewhat, is what prompted DarkSpine's comment. Is it as good as the browsers in DSLinux? No. Is it as good as Okiwi and Gnirfleo claim theirs will be? Of course not. But does it exist in a tangible form at this time? Yes.

Yeah, this one actually brings up web pages, while the others just claim that they will.

Plus, you are also judging this alpha release as a final product against what Okiwi "claims" their final product will be. Not entirely fair, if you ask me. This is farther along than any of the others, so I would say it's technically the best one out there at the moment.

kimchi1
March 25th, 2007, 16:39
Does this work with the M3 Simply? It says my card isn't compatible with Chism's file or something?:confused:

Hey everyone, I'm having the same problem too. Any solutions? TIA. :confused:

DanTheManMS
March 25th, 2007, 20:21
Did you try patching it with DLDI? There's information in a stickied topic of this forum.

andy,pipkins
April 4th, 2007, 11:23
This kicks but

Keep up the good work

darkhelmet
April 12th, 2007, 06:37
I cant get it to connect, i patched it, moved everything to the root of my card, and it fails to connect. it connects fine with everything else i use.... im using a gbamp

DanTheManMS
April 12th, 2007, 23:00
What do you mean by "everything else I use"?

Make sure you're using WFC slot 1 and that you use all Manual settings, not Automatic.

darkhelmet
May 7th, 2007, 02:28
everything else i use is: ds hobro, win2ds, bunjalloo, and every official nintendo game. And by manual settings you mean, set it up manually, right?

DanTheManMS
May 7th, 2007, 03:56
Yeah, I mean set it up manually. I'm not sure why it's not working, sorry.

Zaphlar
November 19th, 2008, 02:02
i tried it on all 17 of my differant homebrew cards, and on all of them it said that chrisohm's or somethings FAT library was incompatible with the card, so i went out and bought the last 3 other types, and it didn't work on those.............. it might work with one of the older cards, cause i have all the new ones. im trying to debug it as we speak.....

DanTheManMS
November 23rd, 2008, 21:18
This version is waaaaaaay out of date. Use the 3.1129 version from http://www.dragonminded.com/ndsdev/DSOrganize_3_1129.zip instead.