PDA

View Full Version : NDS: libFATwert: The MMD FAT Library

TeenDev
March 23rd, 2007, 03:17
Here s my MMD specific FATlib called libFATwert. It is a (heavily) modified version of GBA_NDS_FAT by Chishm. It only has support ofr the Max Media Dock by Datel. It will not work with any other devices (This includes GnM [Games 'n' Music] !). I urge developers to use this to add support for MMD (You will have to make a seperate project). To use this library, use it in the same way you would use GBA_NDS_FAT.

Enjoy!

EDIT: The reason I didn't do DLDI is because this should work better than DLDI. For instance, Tales of Dagur doesn't work with the MMD DLDI. And DSO you have to rename it and it corrupts your files when you take it off. And actually DSO uses libFATDragon.

DanTheManMS
March 23rd, 2007, 04:21
Forgive my ignorance, but why not just use DLDI? It seems to be a more universal and versatile system for developers to use.

EDIT: well, actually I know DSOrganize somehow uses a combination of gba_nds_fat and DLDI, so perhaps this could be useful for reducing corruption on the MMD or something.

PeterM
March 23rd, 2007, 09:10
Maybe he started the project before DLDI came out...

But I agree, a DLDI driver would be much better than a spin-off library.

Carn
March 23rd, 2007, 15:37
If I'm not mistaken he made this for better compatibility for the MMD. For example a large number of games can't even save to the MMD even if they're DLDI patched so maybe this project will fix that. It's nice that someone is working on making the MMD better for homebrew games. I own a MMD and still think it's a nice device (being able to watch good quality movies on the go is always a plus and the quality is better than Moonshell).

Again it's always nice for someone to be trying to make the MMD more compatible and the creator needs to start giving this out to every DS site out there so others will hopefully start using it.

voteforpedro36
March 23rd, 2007, 20:27
Plus it's almost like having a DLDI for the GnM and MMD at the same time, but improving compatibilty on the MMD.

crookedmouth
March 23rd, 2007, 23:35
Plus it's almost like having a DLDI for the GnM and MMD at the same time, but improving compatibilty on the MMD.

This is not for the GnM though. :(

It will not work with any other devices (This includes GnM [Games 'n' Music] !).

voteforpedro36
March 24th, 2007, 01:22
This is not for the GnM though. :(

Oh sorry I misread it :( .

BigJC1983
March 25th, 2007, 20:47
This seems cool for MMD users. Can this be patched into an existing file?

TeenDev
March 25th, 2007, 22:29
This seems cool for MMD users. Can this be patched into an existing file?

not magically with some program. You have to obtain the source and add it in and change a few things.

March 28th, 2007, 02:05
Hi, I'm sorry but I'm pretty new at this, so bear with me. What do I do with this? I've noticed that with Max Media Dock some of the games will have a problem with the FAT and will not load. Does this solve that? If so, where do I put it?

Thanks

TeenDev
March 28th, 2007, 23:24
Hi, I'm sorry but I'm pretty new at this, so bear with me. What do I do with this? I've noticed that with Max Media Dock some of the games will have a problem with the FAT and will not load. Does this solve that? If so, where do I put it?

Thanks

Yes, I can tell that you are very new. THis is a FAT access library and is no use to anybody that is not a developer.

March 29th, 2007, 03:04
yes that's what i figured out right after i posted that

the_skip
April 4th, 2007, 02:03
If I were to follow some tutorials found here http://www.double.co.nz/nintendo_ds/ would they still work?

TeenDev
April 4th, 2007, 22:13
if you changed the FAT library, sure

the_skip
April 4th, 2007, 22:24
good

CheatDog555
September 26th, 2007, 21:13
My question is how do I use the file...