PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 crashes PS3 launch party

Darksaviour69
March 23rd, 2007, 10:58
http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/6BZ0hAAvxuhbtaHui
a rough translation:

Guy: Can you stop the clip for a second?
Guy: There's an event that's happening right now...
Guy: There's a Xbox 360 boat that's passing us right now.
Guy: There was already a small war over this.
Guy: So Microsoft likes pulling tricks like this. Oh course Microsoft and Sony like pulling tricks on eachother like this.
Guy: A couple months ago, a couple years ago when Sony was trying to launch the PSP, Microsoft bought a "laverie" that said "Just wait for the Xbox 360, keep your money" and all that.
Guy: This is crazy
Guy: Oh yeah, they're coming out with a new Xbox 360... It's black. It's codename is Xbox 360 Zephir.
Guy: They're totally crazy for doing this!
Guy: Oh yes.

translation by Andre (http://winnopeg.com)

via xbox360fanboy (http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2007/03/22/xbox-360-loves-france-and-spoils-ps3-launch/)

Also in Sony's Virgin Megastore London launch, in England, MS men were giving out chairs to people queuing for the PS3, with the words "Shouldn't have kept you waiting" with a URL, www.shkyw.org written on them

Cloudhunter
March 23rd, 2007, 11:17
Lol, idiot Microsoft... Especially about the PSP launch, the two devices are not even in the same class!

Cloudy

jonezybaby
March 23rd, 2007, 11:18
Microsoft must actually be worried about the PS3 if they are doin this!!

PS3 +1
Microsoft - 0

zidanerick
March 23rd, 2007, 11:56
Lmao, seriously i hate the PS3 but if i had remembered the launch was on i would have been likely to try and spoil it for others :P

gdf
March 23rd, 2007, 13:12
Microsoft must actually be worried about the PS3 if they are doin this!!

PS3 +1
Microsoft - 0

sony are more worried about 360 and wii than ms are about them...
360- +9999999999
ps3- -99999999999999999999999999

Shadowblind
March 23rd, 2007, 13:30
Hahaha, go Microsoft! Even though I dislike them for the extreme price to fix an Xbox no matter what the problem is, this is one of those things I think Microsoft is awesome for!

Balthasar00
March 23rd, 2007, 13:34
If you were queued and about to buy a 700$ game system, I am quite sure that MS pub wouldn't change your mind..

They wana play it cool, that fine, I just feel it a little bit desperate.

briyan
March 23rd, 2007, 13:38
i have a 360 and it has never crapped out on me, so for those people who still bash MS for their "console problems" which is "priced high", please make sure you are talking about your personal experience and you actually have one because i'm sure this is an isolated issue so much so that it's only affecting a small amount of users yet because people make it so big by reminding everybody of this problem then everybody else will think every console is faulty. i had mine for 1 year or so now and it has no problems whatsoever. and i'm sure a lot of owners had no problems and are happy with the console. so please don't dismay everybody else with old news.

and oh, go 360..i think it's a funny gag more than a propaganda to sway would-be PS3 buyers. MS has a good grasp on the console race and they are not about to retort to desperate measures anytime soon. the other camps should though..

Shadowblind
March 23rd, 2007, 13:44
i have a 360 and it has never crapped out on me, so for those people who still bash MS for their "console problems" which is "priced high", please make sure you are talking about your personal experience and you actually have one because i'm sure this is an isolated issue so much so that it's only affecting a small amount of users yet because people make it so big by reminding everybody of this problem then everybody else will think every console is faulty. i had mine for 1 year or so now and it has no problems whatsoever. and i'm sure a lot of owners had no problems and are happy with the console. so please don't dismay everybody else with old news.

In the case your tlking about me, I am talking from experiance. My Xbox 360 up and died 1 year and 5 days after I got it. Warrenty expired, they are trying to charge me $150 even though I didn't even tell them whats wrong.

royvedas
March 23rd, 2007, 15:29
Haha. This rules bigtime. I would enjoy no matter who "did" this Sony or Microsoft. It's a very funny way to battle the competition, in no way unethical or anything - just pure fun. I hope stuff like this will keep happening.