PDA

View Full Version : PS3 line-up too focused on shooters and driving

Shrygue
March 23rd, 2007, 16:23
via Computer and Video Games (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=160555)

The PlayStation 3 doesn't have a games portfolio for audiences such as families and kids, says Stephen McGill, Microsoft's head of gaming and Entertainment and Devises Division UK.

"If you look at the PS3 line-up it's quite heavy in shooters and drivers," McGill told CVG in a recent interview. "I'm pleased to say that our portfolio is quite appealing to the masses".

"We've got a great portfolio of games for kids, families, mums and girls", he continues. "As you come into Christmas I think you'll see our portfolio expand to over 300 titles with all the biggest franchises that everyone will want".

McGill also pointed out that the Xbox 360 is the only platform where you can play "Halo 3 and Grand Theft Auto IV". True Facts.

Looking at Sony's first-party launch line-up (Resistance, Ridge Racer, Genji, GT HD etc) we can't really fault McGill's claims, but didn't the Xbox 360 have the same problem back when it launched in 2005?

Leave feedback via comments.

ElRazur
March 23rd, 2007, 18:04
I stopped reading once i saw the word Microsoft. I think he needs to shut the **** up. Im tired of respectable comapnies acting like a bunch of idiots (e.g virgin and sky)

johnhummel
March 23rd, 2007, 20:15
Hello, Pot. My name is Kettle. Damn - you're all black!

Let's face it - the first year the 360 games were either sports (meh) or shooters. Now we've got the major sellers, uh, let's see - Gears of War (shooter), Crackdown (shooter with a shooter demo for Halo 3).

Now, there are some really interesting RPG's coming out end of this year - but let's face it: the 360 had the same kind of games that they're accusing the PS3 as having. That said, I'm not getting either one until the price drops below $200 because I'm a cheap *******, but that's my damage.

jonezybaby
March 23rd, 2007, 21:27
i bought a PS3 today, cost just under £500 but it is a fantastic piece of kit. Six-Axis controller is hard to get used to but i believe it is worth the money.!

jdnation
March 24th, 2007, 03:24
HAHAHAHAHA Is this really coming from Microsoft... who makes the Xbox??? And then recommending Halo 3 and GTA4 after making that spiel is just to hilarious!