PDA

View Full Version : PSP gets new low price: $199 for Value Pack

Shrygue
March 23rd, 2007, 19:52
via PSP Fanboy (http://www.pspfanboy.com/2007/03/23/psp-gets-new-low-price-199-for-value-pack/)

The latest Gamestop ad (http://www.gamestop.com/gs/weeklyad/current/olfsi_032307-2.asp) proudly proclaims that the PSP Value Pack has a new low price. The bundle, which includes a Memory Stick, headphones, and a case, now comes $50 cheaper at $199.99--that's the same price as the Core unit.

It's unclear at this time if this is a Sony-mandated price drop, or if it's a Gamestop-only promotion. However, considering how today is PSP's two year birthday, it makes sense to celebrate with a universal price drop. If the Core unit drops in price as well, PSP will almost be able to compete against Nintendo's handheld ... at least in terms of price.

Leave feedback via comments.

DarthPaul
March 23rd, 2007, 22:13
Wow cool!! Good for all of those guys saying that the PSP is not cheap and haven't bought one. This is the time! So this is the Package that includes a game and a movie or a new package?

CSPERFECTGT
March 24th, 2007, 00:26
i heard that sony is about to redesign the psp,something like nintendo did with ds and ds lite.i wonder if new and old psp will have a price difference...

Buddy4point0
March 24th, 2007, 00:44
thats nice, how much is core now? 150?

ICE
March 24th, 2007, 01:47
sony is not redesigning any time soon. and im not sure if the core system priced dropped as well... i wish it would though..

Veskgar
March 24th, 2007, 03:44
I'm very curious if this will also affect pricing of the core package.

Also, what size memory stick is included in the "value" package? If its just a 32MB stick, that is nothing. If its a 1GB stick, that's much better.

jamotto
March 24th, 2007, 04:24
It's a clearance sale. The value pack has been discontinued.

DarthPaul
March 24th, 2007, 04:24
I'm very curious if this will also affect pricing of the core package.

Also, what size memory stick is included in the "value" package? If its just a 32MB stick, that is nothing. If its a 1GB stick, that's much better.

It's the first bundle that came out. The first "way" to buy the PSP ever. The package that includes the PSP, Headphones,Remote Control For Headphones,Sample Disk,Case,Cleaning Cloth,Battery Adapter...and the 32mb Memory Stick -_-. But withot the Spider-Man movie lol.

Basil Zero
March 24th, 2007, 05:51
It would be stupid for not lowering the price of the core system, i mean if it isnt, would u buy the core for whatever its worth and not buy the value which contains more stuff for a extra few bucks...i'm pretty sure the core will lower in price, i mean no one's that dumb in marketing XD

Ralbane
March 24th, 2007, 06:26
Well good, my PSP was stolen today, 3.03OE-C original PSP from the day it was released and flashed icons and such. :(

So looks like the value pack came just in time.