PDA

View Full Version : No-one buys PS3 on eBay

wraggster
March 23rd, 2007, 22:11
Perhaps expectedly auction site salesman have got rather presumptuous with their eBay prices after the PS3 launch in Europe, marking up consoles to as much as £600 on the site.

Thankfully, it looks like there's no-one out their silly enough or in a remote-enough Welsh village to have to pay for the eBay seller's prices. Though things could certainly change after the consumer troops clean up the last wave of PS3s left in the shops this morning.

The highest actual bid we've encountered thus far has beenthis PS3 auction where one lucky bidder is currently offering a £499 price tag on a PS3 and one game.

To be honest though that isn't too far off what three members of the CVG team paid this morning when we walked into HMV and Virgin and got a PS3 each without a pre-order.

Looking further through the listings there's also a handful of bargains to be had; if you're quick enough there are a number of PS3s and games up for grabs for under RRP, though no-one's offering £146 worth of beer.

We expect the true eBay consensus to emerge after the weekend shopping spree - so stay tuned for more auction fun. It's safe to say that there's none of the nonsense we saw at Wii, 360 and US PS3 launches to been seen though.

via cvg (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=160512)

jonezybaby
March 24th, 2007, 09:53
i was offered £1000 for mine by a guy that works with my brother. lol

mnuhaily22
March 24th, 2007, 12:54
^^^You should have taken the money and bought a new one, all you gotta do is order one from ebay for 499 E...

Triv1um
March 24th, 2007, 23:13
i was offered £1000 for mine by a guy that works with my brother. lol

No you didn't, no-one would turn that down.

>=|

SSaxdude
March 24th, 2007, 23:50
Well there's no point to get one off ebay, they are readily available here.