PDA

View Full Version : DonFactory Maps

wraggster
March 23rd, 2007, 23:49
News/release from Don (http://don.donfactoryusa.com/blog/):

A sneak peek at a new DS project I started. It’s a very simple and crappy version of Yahoo Maps v1 on the DS. As long as your DS is connected to a nearby WAP using a DS game, you can d/l and save maps based on what you input (street, city, zip, state, zoom level). The map d/led is by default a 512 x 384 GIF.

Known issues:

The picture viewing is BROKEN, do not rely on it. Instead, use Moonshell or MapViewer DS.

If the DS does not connect to the WAP within the first 5 seconds, you probably need to reboot and try again.

Downloading and showing the map is slow. I think this can be fixed easily in the next build. (I’m thinking it has something to do with my base64 decoding and crappy whitespace stripping code)

I’ve seen this program shut off my DS and backlight before….

NOTE: IT IS NOT MY FAULT IF YOUR DS OR HOMEBREW DEVICE GETS HOSED BECAUSE OF DONFACTORY MAPS.

Controls:

R button - saves the map image to the file system when you are in MAP MODE

A button - goes back to the input menu.

This program should have DLDI support, I’ve only tried it on my G6 and M3 CF and they both work. I used the latest PALib that works with devkitARM r20.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Taris
May 18th, 2007, 04:13
needs some work, as the maps are rather offset. But a good app, hope to see it developed further ^_^

Buddy4point0
May 18th, 2007, 10:42
nice app, i cant wait for more improvments