PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy II Dated in Japan

wraggster
March 24th, 2007, 00:03
via ign (http://uk.psp.ign.com/articles/775/775348p1.html)

The PlayStation Portable remake of the original Final Fantasy isn't even out yet, but Square Enix is already sharing details on the remake of the sequel. Final Fantasy II will hit Japan on 6/7, the company revealed today, carrying a price point of 3,800 yen.

Like the remake of the original Final Fantasy, due out in Japan on 4/19, the remake of FFII features improved visuals and an extra dungeon, all made especially for the PSP. Square Enix has also been good enough to include the original content from past re-releases, including the opening movie from the PlayStation version and the extra scenario from the Game Boy Advance version.

DarthPaul
March 24th, 2007, 04:21
Waiting for this one. I'm a big fan of Final Fantasy. And I'm glad to hear that it has been announced for Japan at least. This means it'll be soon here[US].

Basil Zero
March 24th, 2007, 05:48
this will be a big hit in japan and will boost psp sales no doubt about it

JKKDARK
March 24th, 2007, 12:59
I can't believe there will not be a DS version

Vangar
March 24th, 2007, 14:21
I can't believe there will not be a DS version

Why can't you believe it? I'm sure the graphics would never be able to work on the DS. And even if they dumb it down so they will, Square favors stunning visuals in their games - they don't want it tainted from a lower quality port to DS.

JKKDARK
March 24th, 2007, 16:00
Why can't you believe it? I'm sure the graphics would never be able to work on the DS. And even if they dumb it down so they will, Square favors stunning visuals in their games - they don't want it tainted from a lower quality port to DS.

a DS version will be more successful

Joe100517
March 24th, 2007, 19:10
I would have liked to get this if I didn't already have I&II on GBA. FFII is an ok game but I wouldn't want to play through it again, it's kinda tedious.